Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snail

10 Reasons why PS3 will win this war

61 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

Here I go again. grin.giftongue.gif

The PS3 is designed as a hub. Functionality for this will be available in the Autumn apparently, via a firmware download.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, how about i back up my Media hub argument......

Post from me in Feb 06

Thats why Microsoft got it right in concept, if not execution......

It wasn't an argument, but more a fact from Sony that they will make the PS3 a hub, rather than a games machine.

And MS did execute it wrong. But then what's new. tongue.gifgrin.gif

http://nexgenwars.com/

I'm not sure how accurate or how bias those results are, but have a look anyway.

From what I have seen with the PS3 (ie I've played motorstorm in GAME), it's not that impressive. The Xbox certainly is capable of the same quality graphics. I know motorstorm is a launch title, but PGR3 was a launch title as well, and I can't really see a difference in the graphics.

Oh and Sparky, do you own a Nokia phone?

No one is saying (at least I'm not) that the graphics on the PS3 will out shine the 360. In terms of GPU power, the 360 is ever so slightly better, but raw CPU power on the 8 cores is where it will really show up the xbox. Problem is, developers have only really ported over PS2 games and those PS3 launch titles even Sony admitted don't show the true potential.

And yes, I have access to a nokia phone. 169144-ok.gif

... I think we are polar opposites.

I (something positive), You (corresponding negative):

Apple computers

Mazda RX-8s

Sony Ericsson

Wii60

UHOH7.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

He doesn't do Nokia only Samsung laugh.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for that. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

... I think we are polar opposites.

I (something positive), You (corresponding negative):

Apple computers

Mazda RX-8s

Sony Ericsson

Wii60

UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

So? It's just an opinion. Besides, I've nothing against the Wii, or Sony Ericsson.

Strange comment. confused.gif

I never thought you were. Just found it funny since your question before that was do I have a nokia! grin.gif

Well yes, I was waiting for the final piece of evidence before I revealed my preposterous deduction tongue.gif

ha ha, cheeky get! tongue.gif

Well you were wrong on two accounts anyway, so nerr.

And... so as not to disappoint... Nokias are boring. grin.gif

Also a nice feature of the PS3 is that you can replace the original 60gb hdd for a 120gb unit for around £46.00 and it wont void the sony warranty providing you dont damage anything else when you fit it.

The PS3 as great potential but think it will take abit of time for it to shine through.

Im very impressed with fight night round 3 ........

Also you can install UNIX O/S too if you require.....

I have a USB 20hb hdd connected to mine which I have stored my Music, Pictures and Video clips on.... no problem with playback speeds etc.

Using a small application on my laptop I have manged to copy files over to the PS3 via its web browser at very rapid speeds.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

Ok... share the wealth! grin.gif

What app are you using to transfer content?

Have you just plugged the USB drive into the USB slots?

I'm surprised Sony let us change the HDD's without warranty issues.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you think about this hdd drive with it fit ps3?

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/TOSHD008

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what spindle speeds are used in the current hard drives, but 4200 RPM might be slow? Not sure. If not I wonder if there is any limitations to size in the form of firmware limits?

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers lads 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]No worries.... 169144-ok.gif

Riz 169144-ok.gif

I think I am going to go for this upgrade before we get any good at these games. Although I would like to know the largest drive with the same spec as PS3.

I'll see if I can find that article where someone opened up a PS3 - they must have found the brand used.

Havent tried a PS3 yet.

Will probably get one when I move to sit by the 360 - but im still finding it hard to justfy why apart from the fact it is the latest thing and if a great title is released I will be prepared...

[ QUOTE ]

I think I am going to go for this upgrade before we get any good at these games. Although I would like to know the largest drive with the same spec as PS3.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah im thinking about it also... I would imagine that as long as the hdd is the same spec as the Fujitsu model in the linky... it should work, beside 60gb or 120gb could may well be enough for normal useage... you can always just buy a USB external HDD?

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Havent tried a PS3 yet.

Will probably get one when I move to sit by the 360 - but im still finding it hard to justfy why apart from the fact it is the latest thing and if a great title is released I will be prepared...

[/ QUOTE ]I didnt bother with the 360 but if I did have one, perhaps I would have waited abit longer for the PS3.... but I didnt, so now my PS3 is used not just for games but as a music jukebox, dvd and blu-ray playback.

Anybody know if anybody has made the movie playback on the PS3 multi-region yet?

Riz 169144-ok.gif