10 Reasons why PS3 will win this war

Snail

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

External HDD's are good for music/video, but what about when you're downloading games and other things from the shop? Can you select ext hard disk to use for the storage?

[/ QUOTE ]Yup im pretty sure you can... ive copied files backwards and forwards from the PS3 internal hdd to my external usb hdd.... no problems at all.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It wasn't an argument, but more a fact from Sony that they will make the PS3 a hub, rather than a games machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is all well and good, but if your playing games either..

A. Its not usuable as a Hub.

B. Your losing processing power/network resources/memory.

Which is exaclty my point, the PS3 may be "more than just a console", but other than gaming and Bluray Player, all the other features are just gimmicks, which actually may detract from the PS3 being the console it truely could be.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Snail you baffle me weve been going on about 360 vs PS3 and then you throw this out

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt say i agree with it grin.gif

I have a couple of comments (Ash/Sparky, you knew this was coming grin.gif) Its also funny that a developer who doesn't seem to have any 360 games in development feels the need to comment confused.gif

Point 4, How can he say that movies will win the console war? Yet not even mention the fact the you cant give the 360 away in Japan.

Point 5, HDMI....i dont need to say anything grin.gif

Point 10, This is the interesting one, and actually quite matched up with Point 7 (the Wii). I'll completely agree the PS2 has far more game variety than the xbox, but i dont think the same will be said of this gen.

Firstly quirky games need a big userbase because they wont be the next Halo, or Metal Gear Solid, so need to work on numbers, which means at the moment going onto 360 or Wii. The Wii is especially suited for quirky games 169144-ok.gif

Microsoft seems to be making a big effort on the games front, trying to get the Japanese RPG developers on board, games like Viva Pinata, the arcade games, even Guitar Hero and Dance Dance revolution are coming to the 360.

Im still undecided who id like to see "win" this generation. I personally dont think Sony are innovativing enough, they are riding on their previous glory, and not really pushing the envelope. Microsoft are pushing the boundaries (Live, XNA, Achievements, XBLA, Marketplace), but if Microsoft do take control, they'll just crush the competition, and we'll be left in a monopoly which isn't good for anyone.

And that just leaves Nintendo, and the problem is, much as though i like the Wii and want one, any big titles id get on 360/PS3 because the online will be better, graphically it will be better, and not all titles lend themselves to the controller. The Wii is a good second console, but thats all it is, the console you go back to in the quiet moments between the 360/PS3 blockbusters.

[/ QUOTE ]

hiya, i kind of agree with his 10 points except about wii.

in terms of unit quantity wii walks the floor with the other 3g consoles.

casual gaming is a different and bigger market to ps3/x360 (in terms of units of consoles)

hardcore gamers buy more physical games though - but only very good ones. so it's an all or nothing kind of thing for a developer.

to be honest, performance wise the ps3 and x360 have sod all differences from a gamers pov. better software on the horizon for both - as always!

[ QUOTE ]

Well said, Dan.

It is way more than just a games console.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah - its a games console with a big marketing dept trying to convince people (mainly the geeky "technology leader" types 18-32 yrs old males etc) they need bluray. obviously its working on some people.

but it'll be much cheaper by christmas