Grand Theft Auto IV

Newbie123

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I must admit watching the trailer said to me it looks like it's set in New York. Seems those in NY aren't too pleased though...

"Political leaders, politicians and policemen have already downloaded the GTA IV trailer, watched it numerous times, and gone ape at the fact that the fictional city resembles New York.....

While the city does resemble New York, it's actually the GTA hold haunt Liberty City, which, as we all know, is heavily based on NYC....

Jason Post, a spokesman for Mayor Bloomberg, put the final nail in GTA IV's coffin: "The mayor does not support any video game where you earn points for injuring or killing police officers."

why fight it the truth is that you can not stop a video game from being made simly because you dont like it thats like trying to ban fast food because its unhealthy. kids these days have a lot of rage (i see this everyday in school) and if these video games help them let it out then i see it as doing good. Also films like Miami Vice, reservoir dogs, the fast and the furious, etc all portray cities to have big crime problems in one form or another and yet no-one complains about these. they only care if it is overly violent.

rant over

laugh.gif my 2 penneths worth there

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, reading the very last article on the list, it will be interesting to see what happens with DLC. The 360 has some exclusive stuff coming, and due to the wording it sounds like the PS3 could possibly get DLC too.

If GTA4 has lots of good exclusive stuff on both consoles, this could be the first good reason to own both 360 and PS3 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

They would be cutting there throats keeping us PS3 users out of the loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PS3 needs a A++ title at the moment, a real system seller, and GTA 4 is definitely one of those. If Sony is serious about the PS3, they will have already thrown huge amounts of money at Rockstar for some exlusive content (in the same way MS has done already) 169144-ok.gif

There is more content on the DVD/BluRay than the 360 version. The Downloadable content for the 360 will match the content for the PS3, but both systems will get future upgrades via downloads anyway.

Sony said that their SingStar system was a massive box shifter and that's about to ship.

[ QUOTE ]

There is more content on the DVD/BluRay than the 360 version. The Downloadable content for the 360 will match the content for the PS3, but both systems will get future upgrades via downloads anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that disagree's with the comment from my link..

[ QUOTE ]

Both Xbox 360 and PS3 version will 'likely' be identical

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. grin.gif

Both get the same content, but delivered if different methods. One downloads the rest, the other has it on the larger disc.

Both will get the same content overall but they plan to treat both consoles differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering there will be more 360's out there than PS3s when GTA4 releases, do you think Rockstar would alienate their bigger audience by making them pay more for the same content they get on the PS3?

Especially as MS has already paid them huge amounts for the exclusive DLC.

Cant see it myself.

The DLC is different to the PS3 one, as in it's bigger. But you aint getting it at launch, so both titles remain the same at first. Don't forget that it may not be exclusively PS3, but Sony hasn't put their cheque books away. They've paid a fecking large sum towards Rockstar too.

• 2 weeks later...