Is this really the new Impreza?

D1MAC

Shamelessly nicked from PistonHeads - pic is supposed to be the new Impreza.

Anyone care to confirm or deny the likelihood of this being correct?

If it is then EEK2.GIF - not pretty at all. I know the Impreza has alwasy been about what's underneath rather than style but this really isn't nice, rather reminiscent of the 1.gif

1123813-scoobreal-L.jpg

post-11479-137914395445_thumb.jpg

Let's be honest, pretty much every incarnation of the Impreza has met with heavy criticism of its looks.

I've always thought they are quite ugly (or nondescript, depending on the model) but I'd still be happy to drive one, as that is what they are all about.

I'd disagree with that... the bug eye model (roughly 2001 to early 2003) was truly grim, but the 2003MY car was an improvement, and the 2006MY was better still (yes I do like the new nose!).

I'm still hoping the new car will have the looks to break into the existing hot/super hatch market. If it's pig ugly it'll struggle, even though it'll probably destroy them all on the road.

[ QUOTE ]

The Evo X definitely appears to have the edge on looks. It's a big car though - I think the new Impreza STi could well be more agile and quicker (discounting the loony FQ360+ versions! grin.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]

av-35.giflol.gif

As i stated above, for the monies side the scooby is deffo cheaper but i still would rather buy an older Evo than a Scooby WRX/STi.

[ QUOTE ]

Nice GIF! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been waiting for the past 3 hours for a post which i could use it in! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I would say we'll find out which is the better performing car in the 2008 WRC... but Mitsubishi seem to have chickened out. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye so they have... I dont care.. Toyota have stopped making the MR2 Turbo and Celica GT4 but they still give the new scoobies a run for their monies.. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone who keeps up with an Impreza in an MR2 Turbo in the wet deserves a medal! yelrotflmao.gif

(And probably needs wipers on his side windows.... tongue.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about the weather being wet! lol.gif

Boost was slightly up from standard 13 to 15.5psi and had an Apexi induction kit. I ran 13.5 @ 101mph on the 1/4 mile on my first outing.

0-60 in standard form for the revision 3 onwards is 5.2 seconds. Trust me.. not many scoobies got past me on the roads. (in the dry)

My GT4 on the other hand beat them in the wet as well... 169144-ok.gif

Tis a shame my Civic Vti is not up to the job.. now im playing against Saxo's.. sekret.gif

Thats the thing you see... the GT4 has more power as standard and the engine (3SGTE) is rock solid and is great for tuning as im sure your aware.

The Scoobies are known for blowing the engines and they really dont like being taken to redline whereas the 3SGTE engines love it. Full boost all the way to 7k rpm.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/fizzbitt/GT4/

That was my old beloved... only mods were boost upped to 16psi and cat back custom zorst. You can hear the zorst and engine note in the RR vid.

Still prefered the MR2 though.. that was as fun car and powerful you can get for the monies.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/fizzbitt/MR2/

sorry to go off topic here.. sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The Scoobies are known for blowing the engines

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you that? grin.gif

Honestly, in my experience the only Scooby engines that have blown are ones that have either been imported and not adjusted for our lower RON fuel, or have been chipped to ridiculous levels without any hardware upgrades. Obviously there will always be a few others, but the above two reasons account for most of them.

A friend of mine is a trader and has bought and sold shed loads of used scoobies. The only imports that he touches are the Type RA ones and even then he is dubious of them.

He has told me through his experience that they aren't as solid as the 3SGTE.

Your right though, come to think of it he has come accross a couple of Imports where the engines have blown. You also have to understand that I live in Bradford and so it's like scooby city here. (one of the reasons i hate them) tongue.gif

lots is an understatement.

And generally speaking its the same scenario with any specific car club/dealership/owners.

The usual, 'we hate the imports as they are bringing the prices down' blah blah blah.. lol.. its the same on the GT4OC club and with the 350Z club etc etc...

The thing is though, the Imports normally come a lot higher spec as standard UK medels. And the problem with the old cheap import scoobies is that the Max Power lot can easy buy one but cant afford to run them on High Grade fuel hence them going pop more than other models.. tongue.gif

Re: That piccy (the new Subaru, not the 'Yoda baby' [no offence if that's your kid!)... is it the 1st of April or something? Oh, it is?!

Looks like someone's had a laugh, botching together the BMW1 series with some naff Chrysler-type vehicle. Not even the Yanks would buy that heap, surely? It's *nothing* like the Autocar drawings.

PS. To pick someone up on a point, Subaru's have never, at any point in time, actually been 'cool' to own. It's just that people bought into the rallying thing etc.

Someone from another forum has also thrown this into the mix as well..

I aint an expert but it looks a bit photoshopped to me... the front wheel arch dont seem right...

normaluntitled13fi4.jpg

It looks a bit better than the shyte above i have just posted but then we shall have to wait and see if the Japs are getting a different design.