Is this really the new Impreza?

D1MAC

[ QUOTE ]

that one looks a bit better than the pics in the link i posted.. but then it also looks like a photoshop.

sedan3.jpg

Notice the front bumper is different... the pics you have posted look like an STi jobbie...

[/ QUOTE ]

This one looks a bit like a Caddy BLS with a nose job and a "Sports Kit" (in best Yankee accent) on it. Slightly better as a saloon but still not a looker in any way, even compared to the current one.

Think I'd be looking for one of the Burns special editions in black meself!

btw, looking at the photo gallery on the Worldcarfans site ... is it me or has it got a rather big front overhang? The engine's even lower in the chassis than the current car - which is good - but I hope it isn't too far forward.

I can't get to like the nose/grille. It'll look like a Vauxhall to Joe Bloggs.

Or a Hyundai. tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Think I'd be looking for one of the Burns special editions in black meself!

[/ QUOTE ]

All sold! frown.gif

(Serves me right for dithering... tongue.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt anyone will have any sympathy grin.gif

I wonder if this new one will slow down the depreciation of something like this?

[ QUOTE ]

btw, looking at the photo gallery on the Worldcarfans site ... is it me or has it got a rather big front overhang? The engine's even lower in the chassis than the current car - which is good - but I hope it isn't too far forward.

I can't get to like the nose/grille. It'll look like a Vauxhall to Joe Bloggs.

Or a Hyundai. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite a Pug 407 but it is a bit on the long side EEK2.GIF. I guess it is Subaru's answer to the pedestrian impact laws - cheaper than a pop up bonnet, debatable as to whether it looks better or worse than the high nose approach and nowhere near as elegant as the diddy engine placed well back in the chassis (or somwhere else entirely).

The grille - definitely been for surgery at the Korean branch of Nip/Tuck smirk.gif

Auto Express today says that Subaru won't be importing the 4 door saloon to the UK shocked.gif They will concentrate on Normaly aspirated hatchbacks for the UK market despite the saloon selling better here that most other teritories. We don't get the 2.5l Turbo until 2008 and then NO WRX shocked.gifshocked.gif

• 5 months later...

Hmmmm, I followed a car transporter today ,Heading south M1 jnc 30 ( Woodhall services )and i saw IMPREZA on the back of what i thought was a mazda?? YUP having owned a 2000 turbo also WRX on a (2000 X plate) I think Subaru have lost the plot? It was a small car anyway but now my .:R looks massive in comparison. Not my cuppa T any more.