Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
V10Vixen

Hi im new fenale motoring writer slowly makeing

109 posts in this topic

Her way in motoring - as there are not many motoring writers who are women and its bloody hard but rejection comes with writeing!

My passions are Classic cars,practical cars and posh cars I also love egines ships aircraft steamstrains,documentrys ,history,reading toy collecting and have girly hobbies such as shopping 4 clothes boots make -up smelly stuff just a women with intellegent hobbies lol]

Hello anyway smile.gif

post-16847-137914395478_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Her way in motoring - as there are not many motoring writers who are women and its bloody hard but rejection comes with writeing!

My passions are Classic cars,practical cars and posh cars I also love egines ships aircraft steamstrains,documentrys ,history,reading toy collecting and have girly hobbies such as shopping 4 clothes boots make -up smelly stuff just a women with intellegent hobbies lol]

[/ QUOTE ]

think you also meant:

writing not writeing

engines not egines

steam trains not steamstrains

documentarys not documentrys

er... best of luck with the journalism wink.gif

or even....documentaries yelrotflmao.gif

Good job you're a banker, Adam tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I meant FEMALE GRRRRRRR I TYPE TO fast tiny hands work fast :Pwink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you?

YEAH SMALL HANDS SEEM TO MAKE ME TYPE WRONG grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats what I get for being a 5'4 short arse hehe :P

You won't find any sexism here love. Any articles you've already written to show us?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi im new fenale motoring writer slowly makeing Her way in motoring - as there are not many motoring writers who are women and its bloody hard but rejection comes with writeing!

My passions are Classic cars,practical cars and posh cars I also love egines ships aircraft steamstrains,documentrys ,history,reading toy collecting and have girly hobbies such as shopping 4 clothes boots make -up smelly stuff just a women with intellegent hobbies

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Dear. frown.gif

Try:

Hi, I’m new female motoring writer slowly making her way in motoring – as there are not many motoring writers who are women and it’s bloody hard, but rejection comes with writing!

My passions are classic cars, practical cars and posh cars. I also love engines, ships, aircraft, steam trains, documentaries, history, reading, toy collecting and have girly hobbies such as shopping for clothes, boots, make-up, and smelly stuff. Just a women with intelligent hobbies.

I suppose that does fix some 29 basic spelling and grammar errors, but the style's still pretty awful. I've probably missed some but it's a press deadline day and I'm in a rush.

- Spellchecker is your friend.

- So is Thesaurus (motoring, motoring, motoring)

- Sub-editors will not help you out for ever.

Sorry to be a little harsh but the question was about getting into journalism.

Dont worry most writers cant spell and perfection is for losers im not perfect woohoo and if you dont like it you can wash my car egine and poilsh my allys till i can see my face it them lol

HERES A PAGE FROM MY 1ST BOOK NOT DUE OUT YET

NEW IMPREZA WRX STI (IT IS ALL IN THE “BOX”)

The old Impreza STI was ok, ok I’m not the type of women who would by these cars but I respect well built cars and good engines.

So anyway the old STI wouldn’t scare a kitten - it was quite a charming looking sports car…until you heard the roar of the powerful engine and the noise from the exhaust.

The 2006 WRX model that came out last year however has the look of a grinning lion ready to pounce - with the typical Subaru air vent on the hood to it look ready to take on the world.

In my past work when I left college and started writing about cars- I called these sports saloons “young lads” cars but since I have a more experienced knowledge of these cars I have been seduced- yes again and yes again by a car!

1st of all I read in the WRX booklet that it has symmetrical AWD this means it’s an all wheel drive saloon- quite cleaver that.

Now the best bit of the car is the interesting boxer engine it is a 2.5 litre DOHC turbo- but the interesting bit is yet to come.

The Boxer STI engine is not in a V or in-line it’s amazing and the engineer who thought of the idea is going to be the next Brunel!

The Boxer engine for all Subarus has the cylinders in a horizontal 123576-assfeck.gifpposed Subaru say this balances the noise and vibration of the engine.

Anyway with this new complex fantastic interesting engine which I love so much you get a smooth ride in a fast car and free revs.

The Impreza has huge disk brakes which add safety to this beautiful car in the engineering world.

Inside the car you have a very sporty interior blue/black sports seats and a leather dashboard, with light up speedometer and clocks this car is built to be feisty, fast and rather scary.

It is built well as well hardly any plastic on the car it’s extremely powerful and strong.

I would recommend this car to people like my self who are mad petrol heads- if I like it I know James May will as engines are bloody amazing and more fantastic then ever when engineers try something different!!

Right specifications for people interested.

Engine- 4 cylinder horizontally opposed -turbo-DOCH

Max Power 280 @ 5600 rpm

Torque 392 @ 4000 (the DOCH increases the torque)

Max speed 158 mph

0.62 seconds in 5.4 seconds

This is not over yet I have yet another Impreza….

The Impreza hatch is quite similar - well it would be, it is just not as fast looking- it is basically a hatch with a dark side.

The Impreza hatch is very Manley as a hatch it has aluminium alloy wheels and a back spoiler.

Hatches are ( sometimes) sweet and innocent looking cars - the Impreza has a grill that give it a evil grin and its head lights are quite slanted which makes it look evil- I mean this in a good way.

I like the Impreza very much. The interior of the sports wagon hatch is also manly black leather seats silver radio system (not real silver just the colour) and a leathery dash.

This is a very comfortable sports car and again I shall say very well built.

With the Boxer engine you don’t get roll when your Impreza turns corners - the car has more grip and traction, All wheel drive gives you this control.

I really love this engineering - Really impressed by Subaru they have built these Imprezas strong, reliable, beautiful and really interesting engines.

I really think these boxer engines are cleaver whoever thought of it is a true engineer - using different ideas to make a car work well.

With this I recommend you to buy a new Impreza.

If you want a extremely fast Sports Wagon I recommend the 2.5 WRX SL If you prefer to take things a little bit easy get the 1.5 R.

I never used to like these sports cars Subarus and Mitsubishi but I admit I was very wrong back then- ever since I started writing about cars because of my love for them…well I love cars, ships, planes.

You do learn much more about the cars when you look them up as a Motoring Writer.

I’m very opening minded about cars and respect good engineering and basic simple cars.

The specifications for the two Imprezas I have mentioned are at the bottom of the page.

Sports Wagon 1.5 R

Max Power - 105 @ 6400 rpm

Max Torque 142 @ 3200 rpm

Top Speed 109 mph

0.62 mph in 13.7 seconds

Sports Wagon 2.5 WRX SL

Max Power - 230 @ 5600 rpm

Max Torque 320 @ 3600 rpm

Top Speed 143 mph

0.62 mph in 6.1 seconds

Dunno where to start, so I'll just say:

"the engineer who thought of the idea is going to be the next Brunel!"

The engineer who thought of the idea was at school while Brunel was still alive. smile.gif

Have you considered alternative careers?

grin.gif I just assumed this is a windup?? yelrotflmao.gif

comic book drivel - no way would this get published even in our parish magazine.Circulation 200 copies

Excellent, I liked it treacle, and to think there was all these blokes sayin a bird can't make it in the writing game. Keep it up.

Spelling, spelling, spelling... znaika.gif

I looked at the myspace link, got potential, but to be a writer near perfect spelling and punctuation is *absolutely* essential..

In my day at school ( *cough* late 30's - so was a while ago grin.gif ) grammar and sentence formation was essential in all subjects, not just English - now it seems the situation is so bad even major websites and news tickers can't spell! But if you want to write articles, you want to make darn sure yours come with 99.9999% correct grammar, not like the one above smirk.gif

So buy 100's of old car magazines, understand the style of different writers and see how they manage to put the message across, and even rewrite some of the reviews, eventually you will find your own style.

And if that's what you really want to do don't give up - many big writers and musicians had literally hundreds of blow outs before someone took them seriously. There's loads of non-believers kicking themselves for not picking up The Beatles, Harry Potter and the like smashfreakB.gif

Good advice, but to be honest, I think you'd have more cause for concern if you'd just picked up Harry Potter than if you couldn't spell!

Yes all good stuff. However you might want to check out the spelling of your hero Isingard Kingdom Brunel - I think he may spelt his first name slightly differently. I'm intrigued by your choice of Carol Thatcher as your other hero - what made you choose her? - I thought her only claim to fame was being the daughter of one of the most poisonous creatures known to science.

I'm scared, anybody else?

I can't fault your enthusiasm even if it does border on obsession, but to succeed in motoring journalism you need to either know your stuff inside out, or be a brilliant writer. The very best have both, and judging by the piece above, you have neither. Sorry.

Good luck (with the restraining order)...

I dont care If ppl Dont like my work and james may supports me negative things just come with the job-ppl say bad things about James's work and he just carrys on which I shall do...If you dont like my work tuff it shall not stop me. fekr.gif

As for the spelling alot of my published writeing froends are not perfect spellers - they imploy ppl to check spellings whos job is to correct spellings...perfect is just another word for vain big headed twats.

something which I'am not!

P.S I get plenty of offers for my work and have my own imployed spell checker like ALL writers and again I hate perfection I'd rather be a Nerd thankyou. fekr.gifSLEEP5.GIFices_blah.gifbuttcheeks.gif

I assume that this is a wind up, but just in case it's not...

"alot of my published writeing froends are not perfect spellers"

Are they all as lazy, sloppy and ignorant as you?

"have my own imployed spell checker"

Remember that EU working time directives limit a working week to 48 hours.

"I'd rather be a Nerd thankyou."

Perhaps, but you are functionally illiterate.

IM NOT SLOPPY NOR AM I LAZY!!

I spend alot of time takeing my reaserch out -becayse car companys ask me to test drive there cars i'm never lazy or sloppy as i'am a clean women brougth up well.

I meant Friends love its easy to miss type it happens to us all u are not perect no one is perfect!

kiss my arse! buttcheeks.gif