Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sealy

White, Black or Red and Cloth or Leather

36 posts in this topic

Going to order a new import this week, 5dr DSG with 18" Monza's, ipod armrest and highline computer.

My only problem is which colour to go for?

Candy White

Diamond Black

Tordano Red

Would love your votes on the above.

Also

Is the leather worth the extra £1200 over the cloth?

And

Any other options I should think about other than the above?

Hi Sealy,

Are these the only 3? If they are, I would go for red. If you can afford it, go for the leather and make sure you get bi-xeons and a iPod connectivity (if there is such a word !!). 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Sealy,

Are these the only 3? If they are, I would go for red. If you can afford it, go for the leather and make sure you get bi-xeons and a iPod connectivity (if there is such a word !!). 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ShaggySteve

What other colours would you reccomend, Blue Graphite looks a bit dull from what I've seen?

[ QUOTE ]

fekr.gif didn't attach the photo correctly

1125669-2007-03-030231.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What other colours would you reccomend, Blue Graphite looks a bit dull from what I've seen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer 'conservative' smile.gif

When clean and in the sun it looks amazing 1061650-Finished7.jpg

Another vote for blue graphite here! (excuse the orange discs!)

DSC00035.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Candy White

Diamond Black

Tordano Red

Is the leather worth the extra £1200 over the cloth?

[/ QUOTE ]

From them 3 white would be my personal choice. why?

Red reminds me of fire engines.

Black marks so easy Galv undercoat does not help, and is a real pain too keep clean more so than the white imo, also the black blends in so much i often miss black GTIs on the road as the nose does not stand out, Black cars i have found from the past other road users seem to not see either so can be scary.

On the subject of the leather imo its not a great quality leather quite thin and prone to sagging with age, I prefer the cloth, i do feel its a shame VW don't offer half leather like the Ed30 has as that would be a good compromise.

other options are a personal thing,

parking sensors is a common option due to rear visability.

white with cloth, for a classic gti look.

but then i would say that. lol.

P1020323.jpg

oh and 18's and xenons to finish it off 169144-ok.gif

Just a side note nothing personal to anyone, I myself find it funny when i read "for the classic GTI look" in threads on forums for certain colours. The mk1 GTI when first launches was actually only available in two colours red or silver.

Black with leather out of your choice!! definalty..

(but then laser blue is the best colour.)

Must get the Leather, xenons and 18"'s anything else is a bonus IMO

[ QUOTE ]

Would love your votes on the above.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....I think you need to see the POLL from last year I started...now at 270 votes shocked.gif :

I reckon Candy White is a lot more popular this year.

Linky

Its one of those rare cars that looks good in most colours. I'm a black fan myself, black was my first car colour and since I've had red, blue, silver and god its good being back in a black car. Lots of work but well worth it when you see the diamond black pearl in the summer sun.

Leather is a personal preference, past 2 cars had it but gti doesnt, i just didnt want it again, prefer the way the cloth hugs and isnt cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Everyone loves the seats, adds a bit of character which these germans lack.

DSC00362.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Its one of those rare cars that looks good in most colours. I'm a black fan myself, black was my first car colour and since I've had red, blue, silver and god its good being back in a black car. Lots of work but well worth it when you see the diamond black pearl in the summer sun.

Leather is a personal preference, past 2 cars had it but gti doesnt, i just didnt want it again, prefer the way the cloth hugs and isnt cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Everyone loves the seats, adds a bit of character which these germans lack.

DSC00362.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

i love your car ryan, it was actually these pictures that made my mind up on buying a GTI i think.

Red is the fastest colour... wink.gif

As white is not a colour that is the only reason red can make that claim wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

As white is not a colour that is the only reason red can make that claim wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

white is actually composed of three primary colours... 169144-ok.gif

non metallic black looks great and you will get an even better tar wet look with cleaning products that DB. HOWEVER if you think DB is hard to maintain then non metallic is a real bugger!

What one of those 3 colours comes into your head straight away? couple that with what your gutt feel is the one you want smile.gif

Everytime I see a red one and white one I love them, but black is still doing it for me. I'd love to have one in each of those colours! White is pretty spectacular

I don't go for black for any car but I make the exception of the GTI in Diamond Black Pearl - It's especially nice and the cloth pattern design suits it very well by just relieving all that 'blackness' - IMO.

As posted above, the Mk5 GTI seems to suit lots of colours - Some may say even bright pink! grin.gif

.... I nearly bought a pink twill jacket from Orvis yesterday!