MY08 what do we expect to change this time lol.

Snoopy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced that there'll be any change at all to the GTI or R32 Mk5 Golfs until the Mk6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know when the Mk6 is scheduled to arrive? I assume the GTi may arrive a year or so later than the standard Mk6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, i'd expect some minor tweaks next year in a bid to shift existing stock. New GTi in 2010 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[quote

Correct, i'd expect some minor tweaks next year in a bid to shift existing stock. New GTi in 2010 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIF2010 EEK2.GIF Do you really think so? My money is on the new model introduced towards end 2008 with the GTI Spring 2009. Only time will tell I guess 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they tend to work in 5 year cycles with the Golf, so early 09 for the Mk6, early 2010 for the GTi (if i'm accurate with my timings) 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIF2010 EEK2.GIF Do you really think so? My money is on the new model introduced towards end 2008 with the GTI Spring 2009. Only time will tell I guess 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they tend to work in 5 year cycles with the Golf, so early 09 for the Mk6, early 2010 for the GTi (if i'm accurate with my timings) 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were going to introduce the MK6 sooner because of the Mk5 being so expensive to build.

• 3 weeks later...

Main Golf Changes are:

All trim levels

• Rod aerial replaces ‘shark fin’ aerial when the optional satellite navigation system

is ordered.

• Introduction of new generation immobiliser. Generation IV.

• AC button instead of ECON button for climatronic air conditioning – see

illustration number 1.

• New feature on climatronic air conditioning unit. Air quality sensor with automatic

changeover switch. See illustration number 2.

• Change to the symbols on the indicator/wiper lever. See illustration number 3.

• The black centre armrest with fabric covering will be changed from a ’fell’ seam to

a ‘join’ seam. This will be introduced from Week 22 onwards. See illustration

number 4.

• Removal of optional factory fit telephone preparation. Available as aftersales fit

only.

R32

• 18” Zolder alloy wheels replaced by 18” Omanyt. See illustration number 5.

• New steering wheel clip with ‘R32’ logo.

post-263-137914398108_thumb.jpg