Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sealy

Xenon's ??? Why £750 and are they worth it???

31 posts in this topic

Such a big difference with Xenons. My Polo GTI came with them standard. First time I switched them on I was blown away by how much better they are than standard halogens. The look cool as your driving too (not that you ever get the chance to see them wink.gif)

If your not comparing identical cars then its worthless saying ones better than another imo.

Not all light shapes/designs and cars are equal.

Scientific principal should be used in this instance.

Eliminate as many variables as you can.

Check the alignment is correct on both samples.

Same make/model cars,

Same location,

Same light levels,

etc etc etc.

Eliminate the variable

Then just compare the thing you want too the difference in the light units.

Don't compare an apple to an orange and say they just taste different.

[ QUOTE ]

There's no doubt that Xenons are awesome....Sometimes their reflection back off large reflective road signs is almost blinding and a nuisance. LED headlights aren't with us yet and I reckon they won't be for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is also my understanding. The Audi R8 was designed with fully LED headlights, and the car wasn't allowed to be produced with them, from what I can remember. So it has "standard" Xenons instead.

Xenons are brilliant. Not only do they make it easier for you to see, they make it easier for people to see you, which is just as important when you're making progress.

It's a fair few quid, but worth it in my opinion.

Not having had Xenon's before, I went for them on my GTI to see what the fuss was about. Have to admit, they are excellent for rural roads at night, and primarily my purchase reason was looks (sorry!).

Having said that, my day-to-day car is a 10 year old Brava diesel, which cost me the same amount as my Xenon's! That may actually be immoral ... !

I'd still go for Xenon's on any future car, unless it was at the expense of something like OEM sat nav or similar.