VCS Problem Z4 M Coupe

mpd5

Further to my post in the tech section:-

Well the car went backwards and forwards to the dealer for a week and a day, I only had the car at home for one day out of eight. They changed the radio, then the whole navigation computer, and finally they changed the vcs system. This finally appears to have fixed the problem. I also got my phone updated to the latest software although a phone should not kill a car system - should it?

The dealer has offered to give me my first service (1200 miler) for free, not sure how much this is worth, but do you think it is sufficient compensation for having my car pulled apart three times? If not what do you suggest I should hold out for?

I still love the car although its hard to keep it under 5500 revs as suggested for the run in period, it just gets there so quickly. Its also difficult not to throw it around corners, especially out of roundabouts as the grip is just phenominal. I guess my back tyes arent going to last that long!

I hope my problem has been resolved now as I was getting really cheesed off with it. 123576-assfeck.gif

Your dealer is trying to pull a fast one there, the 1200 mile "running in" service is free anyway. I would go back to them and have a quiet word, thats disgraceful that they are trying to do that.

Oh and re keeping the revs down, I didnt, I followed this procedure and its running brilliantly! 169144-ok.gif

http://www.z4um.com/viewtopic.php?t=21247&start=0

Good luck with it.

Jay