Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vagabond

GATSOED!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Do these things actually work when you are driving towards them???

I drove towards one, earlier on and i reckon it flashed at me. My speed was about 40 in a 30 zone. I can't be totally sure as it was bright sunshine confused.gif

Nope, if it was a Gatso they are rear facing only I believe. If it was a Truvelo(sp?) on the other hand....

Ones that you drive towards will not flash for obvious reasons and have a different type of technology to get your speed.

It was blue, exactly the same shape as the grey type. Also had the road markings on both sides of the road.

I got flashed by a Gatso as I drove towards it a few years ago. Same situation - 40ish in a 30. Never heard a thing about it.

I set off a gatso late at night driving the opposite way to the direction of the camera - lights on full beam grin.gif

me too not that long ago - did some digging and apparently it is the 'fake' gatsos that sometimes get confused by oncoming traffic and flash. If it is a gatso, no a truvelo, you'll be fine 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I got flashed by a Gatso as I drove towards it a few years ago. Same situation - 40ish in a 30. Never heard a thing about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And me - so I guess you'll be ok with a bit of luck!

Same here, and I wasn't even doing 40. I called the police control room about it actually (may sound a daft thing to do but I have a "I'm a doctor" card up my sleeve which works 9 times out of 10 UHOH7.GIF) and they told me that it can get confused by bright sunlight (esp. silver cars).

[ QUOTE ]

no it wasn't that one. It was the old fashioned type.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we have any Truvelo's up here Fastlad 169144-ok.gif

You will not be prosecuted if you're going the opposite direction and are flashed by a Gatso. This is because the flash is fairly dangerous to the oncoming traffic. You're quite safe mate 169144-ok.gif

Both sides of the road are always marked. Guess it's to stop you switching lanes and flooring it (or overtaking someone) and getting away with it...

Talking of such, any know if they've fixed the SPECS lane change loophole yet?

b0b

[ QUOTE ]

Do these things actually work when you are driving towards them???

I drove towards one, earlier on and i reckon it flashed at me. My speed was about 40 in a 30 zone. I can't be totally sure as it was bright sunshine confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called a "Talex" fastlad, it will let you know these nasty things are coming up ahead grin.gif

There is actually a GATSO in South Wales that only has one side of the road painted.

Its right outside Radyr Comprehensive School in Cardiff. Never seen it set off mind.