RUF announces 360KMH Porsche Cayman-based CTR3

fizzbitt

RUF announces 360KMH Porsche Cayman-based CTR3 sekret.gifECLIPSe.gifbowdown.gif

Exactly 20 years after we saw the original CTR, German tuning house RUF has announced the introduction of its third generation CTR3 coinciding with the launch of its new plant in Bahrain. The latest version will be based on the Porsche Cayman and like the original, the CTR3 will be one of the fastest Porsches on offer when it’s released.

Starting with the Porsche Cayman body, RUF has utilized racing technologies first seen on its 911-based RT12 offering. Powering the CTR3 is a twin-turbo 3.8L flat six engine pumping out 700hp at 7,000rpm with torque topping out at 890Nm. To save weight its developers added several unique body panels made from lightweight aluminum and carbon-fiber as well as a new lattice tubing spaceframe. Drive is sent to the wheels via a rumoured seven-speed sequential automatic gearbox that’s said to allow the CTR3 to reach a top speed of 360km/h.

When the original CTR was released in 1987, it out-performed many of the supercars of its era including cars like the Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Countach and even Porsche’s own 959. The CTR3 is set to do the same but won’t come cheap as pricing is expected to fall around the €300,000 mark.

313069a.jpg

313069c.jpg

313069d.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/porsche/ruf-announces-360kmh-porsche-cayman-based-ctr3/

Looks rather a lot like the Audi Rosemeyer concept to me (and thus not entirely unlike the original TT concept).

I'm with the 169144-ok.gif - it's the only Cayman I've ever seen that might make me buy it and feel comfortable/happy about the looks - probably not at 300 bags of Euro sand though (Ruf or not) EEK2.GIFEEK2.GIF