[Audi A2] A2 tdi Overheating

paul_tdi

Has anyone else had this problem? The large 40 amp fuse had blown that is not so usefully hidden behind the dash and I have since replaced it. The fan does not cut in at all now. I have tested the fan directly off the battery and it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Cured the fuse problem! Only downside is that the car is still overheating.

The water is not circulating round the engine at all so replaced the thermostat! Wishful thinking......

Next stage will be to replace the water pump and cambelt etc this weekend! Hopefully it is this otherwise could be very bad news!

Thanks!

I am confident that it is all it can be! Was trying to get hold of a metal pump rather than the sh1tty plastic ones but no luck! Looking forward to loosing a little more skin off the knuckles this weekend!

The joys of DIY mechanics!!

Will post the results hopefully Sunday, just waiting on cambelt kit!

Paul

To cut a long old weekends worth of work car now running A1 again, turns out it was the water pump that was not turning the impeller, stupid design and I wish they were all metal so will see how long the new one lasts!

Changing the pump was not too bad in the end so hopefully no more problems for a while! Got me in the good books with the Mrs!!!

123576-assfeck.gif