Golf MKVI - More details in Auto Express

Im sorry but you cannot compare the 993/996 demand and prices to the GTI. Differerent market completely.

The GTI is abit like a fashion acc for some people and when the new one comes out dung.gif load will hit the secondhand market and prices drop as people want the latest one. Seen it so many times in this sector of the market including all the GTI versions.

To put the comparison you did with the porker's i remember the way prices of the mk2 GTIs started dropped when the mk3 come out as i was looking to buy a mk2 at the time.

No point arguing about this though we will just have to wait and see. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Im sorry but you cannot compare the 993/996 demand and prices to the GTI. Differerent market completely.

The GTI is abit like a fashion acc for some people and when the new one comes out dung.gif load will hit the secondhand market and prices drop as people want the latest one. Seen it so many times in this sector of the market including all the GTI versions.

To put the comparison you did with the porker's i remember the way prices of the mk2 GTIs started dropped when the mk3 come out as i was looking to buy a mk2 at the time.

No point arguing about this though we will just have to wait and see. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup there is no point arguing. If the MK6 GTi is percieved to be a 'dissapointment' and the Mk5 is percieved to be the 'better car', this will help to keep the values on the MK5 up. Supply and demand economics. This has nothing to do with cars!