Think im going to do it!

Woppum

Should Thatcher have a state funeral?  

1. 1. Should Thatcher have a state funeral?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mirrors, grill, AP's. This aint half getting expensive. Its just a couple of hundred quid for the wheels. I know what you mean about the standard wheels being stunning - I fully agree and dont think I can improve upon them - however blk IMO will look just as good and more aggressive.

I dont compare these blk wheels with that of an Impreza or Evo. The CSL is just s different car and the wheels are much larger an fit snug in to the wheel arch.

Have to say though I am slightly put off by your comments - Monday is deadline! crazy.gif

What about orange or red? grin.gif

untitled.jpg

Guy - my thoughts were graphite first too. Mum had these on the 65 and they did look stunning. Then I saw the below pic on BM3W and next to the pic of the car with blk wheels I just dont think it competed. Blk goes very nice with sliver and I cant see why they wouldn't look good...

csl_bm3w_wheels.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Mirrors, grill, AP's. This aint half getting expensive. Its just a couple of hundred quid for the wheels. I know what you mean about the standard wheels being stunning - I fully agree and dont think I can improve upon them - however blk IMO will look just as good and more aggressive.

I dont compare these blk wheels with that of an Impreza or Evo. The CSL is just s different car and the wheels are much larger an fit snug in to the wheel arch.

Have to say though I am slightly put off by your comments - Monday is deadline! crazy.gif

untitled.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wopps leave it as it is. It is stunning. Personally I don't like black wheels on that car, but each to their own. But if it were mine, it would keep the wheels it has. grin.gif

Im afraid ive gone and done it.

Dropping the car off Monday - picking up Tuesday

£110 a corner

Satin gloss blk

Im not going to do the wing mirrors and grill at the same time as im bothered it will look a bit 'bitty' - and ill carry over that bit of excitement for another time.

Hudson's highly recommended it thought it would look stunning.

Let you know what I think Tuesday! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hudson's highly recommended it thought it would look stunning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they doing it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are outsourcing and controlling the project.

I have found this premium invaluable.

My car went in for some work elsewhere, but through Hudosns.

When the car came back my Micropilot was knocked off the dash.

I tried to get it back on for ages but it wouldn't go, they must have broken it off when cleaning the car.

In my frustration when finally really trying to put it back on I cracked the screen and was well and truly fecked.

Spoke to Hudosns about this. They looked in to it - now all I have to do is get a new one fitted and the sub contracted company pays the invoice.

I didnt have to deal with it at all.

Hudsons will look after the car for me - all I have to do is drop it off. If it came back wrong for any reason they would sort it out.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Monday is deadline! crazy.gif

yelrotflmao.gifok, ok, now i see your angle, why dont you just buy the GT3 and be done with it. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar thing but not what encouraged me. That was a post over on BM3W and the fact I am damn sure im not going to take the E92.

Besides - I cant stretch to a GT3 RS grin.gif

£110 a corner!!

That does sound excessive, I think you should be paying from £30, £65 absolutely maximun.

Why don't you buy a set off bm3w for £800 maybe get one of them down to £700 and get someone else to do them for £35 a corner. Keep the originals exactly that.

[ QUOTE ]

£110 a corner!!

That does sound excessive, I think you should be paying from £30, £65 absolutely maximun.

Why don't you buy a set off bm3w for £800 maybe get one of them down to £700 and get someone else to do them for £35 a corner. Keep the originals exactly that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had a look around the Internet but cannot find prices much cheaper. For the extra few quid id prefer Hudsons.

If you have suggestions of the prices you are suggesting though I will certainly bring them to the table... 169144-ok.gif

Dont really want another set of wheels. Id simply never use them.

[ QUOTE ]

I know that when I was quoted £60 a corner alot of people said that was too pricey.

If you are happy with that price and it is easy to take it to them then why not?

It could be a lot of fecking around for the sake of £200.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hassle is the main problem really. I just dont have time anymore. I dont even have time to bloody drop it off!

smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that for genuine CSL wheels? New or used? Oh and do they go straight on the e91? 169144-ok.gif

And well done Woops, it will look awesome beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think that does look very nice actually.

Where do I get these parts from?

Hit me with it I can take it! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave the mirrors be, but deffo go for the grille. They just pop in/out so keep your originals and buy some black ones. I've seen them on ebay many a time. Like these.

In fact.... I'm pretty sure hamann make carbon fibre and black grilles for the e46. That's the ticket lad. wink.gif

Oh god. I've just read that you've gone and done it.

I don't wish to offend, but with those on you may as well submit the car to BarryBoys before someone else does. Its just not in the essence of a CSL to tack it up like that.

IMO, of course. Each to their own I guess. But if I saw that on the roads, I'd fall about laughing. smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

MrMe, Please define chav, I think you find a CSL is far from it, even with black wheel, which, in my opinion makes it look even more stunning beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A CSL isn't chav. A CSL with tacky chav black wheels is chav.

Its a limited edition super-cool super-light performance marque. It doesn't need anything adding. Thats the art of the CSL. It speaks for itself.

Its not a Golf GTi or something you might see with bits from Halfords tacked onto it and not think twice. Some cars suit mods or can get away with them - some can't because the mods themselves defy the coolness of the car.

Unless you want to shout CHAV that is. Each to their own of course. If Wopps likes it with those wheels on then thats all that matters I guess.