Think im going to do it!

Woppum

Should Thatcher have a state funeral?  

1. 1. Should Thatcher have a state funeral?

How good does that look?

10/10, just makes it look more menacing, how could anyone say it looks chav!!!

Oh and on the CSL wheel question, I have emailed Simpson, to find out about the fitment issue. Not only do I think they look awesome on the E91, but obviously will reduce the unsprung weight. I will also be fitting a balck grille to my car the day it arrives 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See now that looks like gunmetal and really nice. 169144-ok.gif

Oli, it is worth speaking to your local BMW dealer and see what price they can do them for, I paid £1050 for my set I thing it was. They should go on, the fronts are 8.5" wide and the rears 9.5" wide, you will need to put 225 wide fronts on and 255 wide rears rather than the 235 front and 265 rears that come on the CSL as standard, otherwise you will get rubbing.

Thanks Guy, useful as ever.

My order is all ready I just have to email it off.

I have done nothing but think about wheels and after all the looking around, it all comes back to the CSL wheels, they just look so right. However in 2hrs I might be thinking something else. Are you fitting them to your E91?

Are you suggesting 225/35/19, and 255/30/19? - Is that gospel with the rubbing, and are we taling arches or suspension rubbing?? Most people seem the fit 235 and 265 on the E90/91/92

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

And I think it looks stunning!

Really really pleased with the outcome and a great little bit of excitement.

However!!!!:

The car has just got back with a flat front right tyre. So that will have to be connectected and I wont get to drive her tomorrow.

On top of that the brake light has just come on. This means I will now be on to me second full set since I have had the car. This means a set lasts for circa £5k miles - and im not a heavy braker! I al3ways use the gears to slow down so this is a bit poor.

I think I will take the opportunity to upgrade to the AP's if I can find a decent set as I dont think the cost difference will be much if I need new discs too - anyone know for certain?

And too - it looks as if the suspension is not set up correctly. It looks too high round the back. I have put my hand between the wheel and the arch to feel, and it does seem like there is more space in there. Anyone know if this is possible?

Anyways as promised pics:

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

You should defo get more out of the brakes than 5k, something must be up??

As for wheels would look better if the tyres were black and not chalk dusty!! Hose them down boy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the pebbles on the drive and the fact that's the flat!

Im not anal - it is what it is! 169144-ok.gif