R8-DRIVEN!!

aliAUDI

Just a quckie as i'm real busy today, and will post a decent one when I have more time away from work.

I've just come back from three days testing the R8 in Germany, and around Boxburg race track...all i can say is the car was AMAZING. handling sublime, noise fantastic, speed....well!!

I NEED ONE!!

Of course it was amazing. There is not a sports car on the market at that price point or higher which isn't.

As lots of people have said it is only 90kg lighter than an RS4 with the same engine for £35k extra spec for spec.

I'd be interested to know how the MR felt - could you drive cars with and without MR?

[ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. Most audi salesman haven't driven anything like the R8 so it's bound to be good.

As it understand it, they had a Ferrari 430, Porsche C2S and some other cars to compare against but they weren't allowed to drive them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely a Gallardo and a 911 C4S would offer a better comparison, given they are 4WD.

Also, how can you compare against other cars if you can't drive them?

confused.gif

I was invited to Mayfair Audi earlier this week to view a car 'in the flesh'. It truly is a stunning car from the outside, and while the interior is nice (after all, it is an Audi!!) I was slightly disappointed, The main dash is supposedly textured leather, but I'm not sure it looks as good as a big slab of 'ordinary' leather would (as per my C4S) and there is a grey plastic surround on the fascia and doors which looks a bit cheap, making the carbon fibre upgrade an attractive option.

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

I think they were comparing build quality. They were pointed out that when you close the engine bay on the Ferrari it sounds like the glass is going to smash where as the R8 sounds like a boot shutting. Stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when you buy a supercar that is the thing that is going to swing you!! jump.gif

carerra 4 s....yeh, i know alan from coventry well. you want to ask him how he felt on thursday night/friday morning! those cocktails were pretty damn strong!!

The Mid engine set up made the car handle so well. You feel so confident pushing it, always know where its going to go...lots of fun!

[ QUOTE ]

So far it seems not but I'm still very open minded about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not,

I cannot see who is going to buy this car.. for the money there is too much competition.. 911's, lambo's, even Ferraris on their way down.

it's a bit like the W12 VW.. beautiful car, but the marque couldn't carry it.

I know someone who has lost over £17000 on a AMV8 when he px his Aston for another car, and that car was only a one year old with a few miles . Another person i know is thinking of selling his AMV8 with only 2500 miles and is looking at a loss of between £15000/£20000 frown.gif

I think all premium cars today are losing money as there is just so many to choose from.

I know that this might sound bad to Audi fans but anything above £70000 is just too much for this vehicle and you will be looking around £20000 loss.

Audi needs to wake up IMO with their pricing , they are talking about an RS6 for £70000+ ?

[ QUOTE ]

I know someone who has lost over £17000 on a AMV8 when he px his Aston for another car, and that car was only a one year old with a few miles . Another person i know is thinking of selling his AMV8 with only 2500 miles and is looking at a loss of between £15000/£20000 frown.gif

I think all premium cars today are losing money as there is just so many to choose from.

I know that this might sound bad to Audi fans but anything above £70000 is just too much for this vehicle and you will be looking around £20000 loss.

Audi needs to wake up IMO with their pricing , they are talking about an RS6 for £70000+ ?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes but people will pay the prices that Audi ask..... at first the RS4 seemed very expensive for what it was.... but it sold. These cars will sell..... Audi will make their quick buck and the 2nd markets will come alive with big losses for owners!

Riz grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes but people will pay the prices that Audi ask..... at first the RS4 seemed very expensive for what it was.... but it sold. These cars will sell..... Audi will make their quick buck and the 2nd markets will come alive with big losses for owners!

Riz grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so Riz , just go on PH and look at the thread where people have cancelled their order's. I dont really believe Audi has a full order book either ROLLEY~14.GIF

Here is a car that would cost about the same as a 997 GT3 , and a nice used Lambo smashfreakB.gif

The R8 should have been around £55000, with spec taking it just under £60000 ie just below a 997. The only reason i believe its that high is that they have overpriced their RS4 model and soon RS6 which is supposedly to be £70000+ so they are stuck with their premium model having to be £70000+ . I honestly can't think why it's so expensive for a car with the same engine as a RS4 , what the hell are they going to price the V10 at??? suicide.gif