R8-DRIVEN!!

aliAUDI

I personally think it will still be bought.

I met a few people over Christmas who had orders down on the 4.2 and the V10 who are very keen.

I thin we have to look at the competition:

F430 alot more expensive both to buy and run.

Gallardo - very flash and in your face - more expensive to run - not a new car.

SL55 - £20k more and has been out a while now -second hand surplus but same applies.

GT3 - far more hardcore and not really the same customer in the majority of cases. Arguably not as sleek looking.

The R8 may be expensive for an Audi. But as a car IMO it certainly holds its own place in the market.

[ QUOTE ]

The R8 should have been around £55000, with spec taking it just under £60000 ie just below a 997.

[/ QUOTE ]

£55k is extremely optimistic!!

I think you're a bit out of touch with Porsche prices - A well-specced C4S, comparable with the R8 in terms of performance and 4WD comes in at £75k-£80k, so personally I think the R8 'should' have been at around £75k in a decent spec, where in actual fact it will be nearer £85k.

It does look a very special car though..........

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The R8 should have been around £55000, with spec taking it just under £60000 ie just below a 997.

[/ QUOTE ]

£55k is extremely optimistic!!

I think you're a bit out of touch with Porsche prices - A well-specced C4S, comparable with the R8 in terms of performance and 4WD comes in at £75k-£80k, so personally I think the R8 'should' have been at around £75k in a decent spec, where in actual fact it will be nearer £85k.

It does look a very special car though..........

Sidicks

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually comparing it with the standard 997 not the 4s in price and yes i think a standard 997 is easily enough to compete with an R8 bike.thumb.gif