Direct Access

Ollie_A3

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scotty - nice one matey!! thats wicked news, you 2 have put more pressure on me now though, we all failed together, and now ive got to pass this time to keep up with you both!! smile.gif

I honestly would have waited on my first test if i thought there was any danger. Thats whats really grating me as if i genuinely thought i fecked up, well i could just improve on it, but now i feel like i am going to be more hesitant due to that incident which is not at all a real perception of how i would ride a bike or drive a car! frown.gif

Still cant moan forever (although i do try), so just need to pray i do well next time round!

Thanks for the good luck! ill keep you posted! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well done Scotty...

Whilst I can appreciate the restrictions on you riding, I must say I find it bizarre that you should put yourself through the test knowing that you weren't going to get a bike. Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Although i recently passed my DAS and rode straight away (had to for my commute) i can actaully understand why people would do this, with the new EU regs coming into force around October 2008 if i had an interest in bikes then i would get my full cat A now and then when it comes to wanting to actaully ride, take a few refresher lessons and away you go, at least then the pressure is off however hard the future test becomes (hard can also mean expensive frown.gif)

Well done to you guys who've just passed! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well done Scotty...

Whilst I can appreciate the restrictions on you riding, I must say I find it bizarre that you should put yourself through the test knowing that you weren't going to get a bike. Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Although i recently passed my DAS and rode straight away (had to for my commute) i can actaully understand why people would do this, with the new EU regs coming into force around October 2008 if i had an interest in bikes then i would get my full cat A now and then when it comes to wanting to actaully ride, take a few refresher lessons and away you go, at least then the pressure is off however hard the future test becomes (hard can also mean expensive frown.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

When I took my bike test many moons ago (when I was 18), I did it for those exact reasons. Every changing tests and regulations tempted me into getting it done before it got harder and more expensive to do.

When I did mine all I had to do to gain a full licence with no restrictions was the CBT and the on-road test (which was very short due to it starting snowing and the shocking quality of the intercoms shocked.gif). It cost me less than £100 all in with exam fees and hire of a knackered old CG 100 from the instructor (whose idea of training was to take me for a quick ride around the expected test route a couple of hours before the test). grin.gif

If I'd waited a year longer, I'd have had to go down the DAS route.

The above thread of longer more expensive tests did give me the kick to eventually get round to it.

I passed my car test and have still never owned a car (!!) so maybe it's becoming a habit.

It was something that interested me (I always wondered how you ride a bike) and it was also a bit of a personal challenge and something to tick off on the list.

I hope that I will be able to justify one at some point although I think it will be many years before I'm hooning around and getting my knee down... but we'll see wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

PSL I think - then if my bus driver dies whilst taking me to the train station I'll be able to continue without being late. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you would be screwed, you need PSV for a bus wink.gif

I suspect the ecilop would do you cos it's an easy detection and conviction.

I passed too!!! smile.gif

Had a nightmare of a test but only 4 minors so im well chuffed!!!

Had a Police Volvo T5 fly past forcing me to nearly crash into the curb as he went past, then got caught up at an accident where my examiner made me do a U Turn in front of loads of traffic!! But i nailed that one and thought thats that over so i can relax a bit, but then we pulled over and he asked me to do another one too!! shocked.gif

But ive now got a full bike licence and am over the moon! smile.gif

jump.gif