Virtual M3 Touring

MiguelMcTyson

After much sole searching and hearing such good things from Gizzie, I think I will be going for a 335i Touring, I have some questions that I'm hoping you guys might help with,

1) Will M3 wheels fit, accepting I may have to buy 4 fronts and they might be tough to get hold of just yet.

2) Where can I sourse the alternative rear light clusters Black...something.

3) Can I spec Carbon Fibre inlays when I order.

4) Will ordering manual kill my residuals.

5) Is the bluetooth set up completely wireless or do I need a cradle and compatable handset.

6) If I spec ipod do I lose CD changer?

7) Any other must have extras in your opinion.

I know these kinds of posts can b a pain but I want as many opinions as possible.

Cheers

bowdown.gif

1) Will probably fit, and if you are talking about the new 19's be prepared to pay around £3000 with tyres.

2) Dealer for around £130

3) No, but you can order it as an accessory, parts not available yet but should be this month, not cheap though, the bit that goes round the gearstick/idrive is £398 on its own, so looking at over a grand. Would be nice if an after market company did them in RHD versions.

4) Yeah, probably. Have you considered buying used/ex demo? You will save around £8k over list and £3k over heavily discounted like coast2coastcars.com?

Expect a 335i to be worth around £33k as a manual after 6 months.

5) Yeah. You can add a cradle to charging and better reception. Around £75 from your dealer.

6) ???? Never use teh changer anyway, so add the USB option, can't be added later.

7) Xenons, Nav, Heated seats, L7 sound or get the basic one and get someone to upgrade it for similar money.

Thanks mate,

I have a decent connection for parts at BMW will front CSL's fit?

All the ex demo cars advertised are at 34/35k I would consider it if there was a saving to be had.

Totally agree on Nav and Xenons, unsure on the hifi upgrade, how it compared to say the bose in the S4 or the Hardon in the old M3 I'vehad both?

You can get the whole set on, so order fronts and rears.

The L7 is far superior to the Bose in teh S4, if you were hapy with that then you will adore this.

A well specced 335i sport touring will cost you £42/44k depending on what options you add, you should be able to get it for around £37/39k after discount, ex demo ones will be around £35/37k for auto or £34/36k manual, and I would expect to get at least a grand off that price, maybe even two.

With regard to item 6) I had the cd changer in my 535d. it wasnt until I read the manual that I noticed it disabled the MP3 capablilty of the single cd. Now I have changed to the Z4 M coupe and did not bother with the changer. The single cd plays MP3 tracks and you can get stacks of music on one cd in this format. just check the single cd is mp3 compatible in the 335. I am sure that it will be.

With regard to the bluetooth, you dont need any sort of cradle for it to work, but you do get better reception and the charging facility with a cradle. bear in mind the cradles are unique to the type of phone you have, so once bought you cant keep changing your phone, although you can connect more than one phone to the car without the cradle. 123576-assfeck.gif

I think the panoramic sunroof is well worth the extra and if your feeling flush get the comfort access. I have it on a 197Clio and it really is a nice option to have. Its one of those options you think its not really worth it untill you try it then you wound'nt be without.

A bit like HUD but you can't spec that on a 3 series and that has to be the best option of them all...........BUGGER!

Thanks everyone, when you say the cd will play mp3 cd's does that include the format that iTunes uses?

I'd love the sunroof but I think if I lose my head with the extras I could really take a kicking come trade in time.

Spoketo my contact at BM today confirmed Carbon trim not yet available but will be soon and that he can get it at cost,

Gizzie when you said buy all four wheels where you talking about the CSL's I thought the rears where to wide? Is anybody running an new Touring with these wheels, I'd love to see a pic first!

I have thought long and hard about wheel options, if the 18" M-Sport wheels with the PS2 run flats weren't so good, in terms of handling and comfort it would have been a much easier decission, but I have made my mind up.

I still don't think there is any benifit having RFTs over regular tyres apart from in the case of a blow out, and with the DSC/ATC etc. etc. these days the chances of doing serious damage or pretty slim.

Whilst in the UK I would rather take my chance trying to get hold of a regular tyre rather than trying to find a run flat in the correct brand, the fact that ATS, Kwik Fit and Holburn didn't have the run flats in stock just confirmed that all benifits of being abkle to still make it to the nearest tyre centre become irrelivent if no one has the tyre anyway.

Now try to find a run flat tyre whilst in France or Italy, it would be a complete nightmare, my fathers friend was without his 530d for most of his 2 week holiday whilst they sourced him a tyre, and then when they found one after 10 days they weren't going to fit it as they only fit them in pairs, some not so gentle persuasion sorted that out, but it was very annoying.

So I have bought a set of CSL wheels with regular PS2's on them, it will be interesting to see if the ride is better or worse than the run flats, cause at the moment it is spot on.

Probably won't get them for a week or two, but will post pics and a reaprt when I do.