Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harminder

Indicator 'tick tick' noise - Mark 4 Golf

15 posts in this topic

Recently on my wifes golf (Mk4 Golf 1.8T, 2000) the indicator noise have started playing up.

The indicators work fine but the 'tick tick' noise that usually comes on with the indicators is going off randomly!

When you flick the indicator stalk, indicators work and so does the tick tick noise..

but then the tick tick noise comes back when the indicators are turned off....some times at a faster rate..

crazy.gif

Any ideas anyone?

Getting a bit irritating now

smashfreakB.gif

169144-ok.gif

The relay for the indicators is in the hazard light switch and this is the first sign of it failing. Should only be a few quid for a replacement 169144-ok.gif

Definitely the relay - that's what makes the ticking noise. Or "tick-tocks" as my kids call them...

Thanks guys.. 169144-ok.gif

Is it a simple job of just popping out the hazard switch and removing the relay? iamwithstupid.gif

Then if its still ticking, just try to ignore the fecking thing!! grin.gif

Thats what i did, and am still doing smile.gif. Keep going to change the stalk and upgrade to cruse, see if that fixes it.

Hi there

I have the same problem on my 2001 Seat Leon.It's been going on for the last four/five months now.

Iv'e replaced the hazard light switch and relay number 100 as I was advised to do,I can tell you now that non of these replacements worked.

I was also advised to check for water leaks,did that and sealed where i was advised to,to no avail at all.

It's not the hazard light switch because it does not carryon ticking when you use it,or after you use it.

Could it be something on the steering column stalk arrangement?

Your help is urgently needed

Eric

[ QUOTE ]

Recently on my wifes golf (Mk4 Golf 1.8T, 2000) the indicator noise have started playing up.

The indicators work fine but the 'tick tick' noise that usually comes on with the indicators is going off randomly!

When you flick the indicator stalk, indicators work and so does the tick tick noise..

but then the tick tick noise comes back when the indicators are turned off....some times at a faster rate..

crazy.gif

Any ideas anyone?

Getting a bit irritating now

smashfreakB.gif

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was doing the same last week, it was driving me nuts

I replaced the Hazard light switch and that has sorted it 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi there

I have the same problem on my 2001 Seat Leon.It's been going on for the last four/five months now.

Iv'e replaced the hazard light switch and relay number 100 as I was advised to do,I can tell you now that non of these replacements worked.

I was also advised to check for water leaks,did that and sealed where i was advised to,to no avail at all.

It's not the hazard light switch because it does not carryon ticking when you use it,or after you use it.

Could it be something on the steering column stalk arrangement?

Your help is urgently needed

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the indicator column switch.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, so I will try & replace the Hazard Light Switch.

Is this easy to replace?

Also, does anyone have a Part Number?

Thanks AV

Part No: 1J0 953 235 J

as for removing the old one,

I removed the other switches and blanks and pushed it out of the surround fron behind

OK finally got around to changing the hazard light switch and bugger it still making the noise.. sportifs2.gif

Any ideas how I look/replace the indicator column switch?

Is this a steering wheel off job? confused.gif

Need to sell the car so just want to get this sorted..

Thanks 169144-ok.gif

Steering wheel and airbag module off job, fair bit to do (not done it myself), just what i have been told

Let us know how you get on, mine drives me bonkers clicking all the time!

Steering wheel and airbag module off job, fair bit to do (not done it myself), just what i have been told

Let us know how you get on, mine drives me bonkers clicking all the time!

Spray some contact cleaner down the bottom of the stalk move the stalk and give a little squirt in every position then blow it out or even better go to somewhere like wilkinsons and get a can of air what is used for blowing dust out of keyboards and laptops worked a treat on my 55plate bora.

like a golf but not a golf..!

You'd hope that, 6 years on, they'd have solved the ticking by now!