I'm tired of all this

lilelvis2000

I boght my Passat (S reg SE W/ 110000) from a friend. It had a full service history and had a good ride and everything sounded fine. Six months later and I've had/noticed a list of problems...all probably expensive.

- blower motor burned out, tried the brushes trick- didn't work. needs a new one.

- one window does not open - or close for that matter, seems to have either broken or fallen out of position.

- locks occaisionaly don't lock

- dreaded water leak

- seems as if fuel pump may be failing - hard starting when hot - seems fuel pump related.

- less than spectacular fuel economy

- radio buttons stopped working - only picks up one station.

- I do like the alloy wheels it came with. I may keep them.

- Drives nice though a big vague

- clutch is hard to find biting point

Anyway, I think I'll take huge hit from what I paid. Doubt I'll get more than £1,800 for it. UHOH7.GIF

Yeah...I learned my lesson.

To be fair. the radio and blower won't be expensive. The window could be if the mechanism needs replacing. I'm afraid of the fuel pump issue costing big $$$.

I think from now on I may stick strictly Japanese - my Mazda has 30,000 MORE miles and doesn't have any of these issues. Runs like a dream.

The lock problem will probably be the control module in teh door. You can get one from a salvage yard for not much.

Water leak you may be able to sort yourself. Plenty guides right here on TSN.

Fuel pump is a popular prob on the 'sat. Cost me £400 inc parts to have it fixed.

What radio is it? I've got one I could sell you from my old Passat. 'twas a 1997 model - not sure if it's different?