golf r32 v wrx

nutcracker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me having had two scooby's 2000 turbo 216bhp also wrx 220bhp (not STI) i would say we would wup there ass( By the time you get the scooby off the line an .:R. would have gone )Now i have pushed a porker 4S to 135 and he bottled it?? He did not gain 20 mtrs on me after he over took me.(motorway in 5th waiting for him to pass) i have also followed a STI WRX to 100 but he was as weary of me as me of him so i will keep looking wink.gif

Dobe

[ QUOTE ]

Me having had two scooby's 2000 turbo 216bhp also wrx 220bhp (not STI) i would say we would wup there ass( By the time you get the scooby off the line an .:R. would have gone )Now i have pushed a porker 4S to 135 and he bottled it?? He did not gain 20 mtrs on me after he over took me.(motorway in 5th waiting for him to pass) i have also followed a STI WRX to 100 but he was as weary of me as me of him so i will keep looking wink.gif

Dobe

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottling it at 135 on a motorway proves the porker driver is less than an idiot than you are, surely ?

[ QUOTE ]

slap.gif Idiot? strong word, its not the speed that matters. Its how one drives at speed.Having an average of 45k+ miles a year work/pleasure, i think i know when to exploit the parameters of my vehicles 169144-ok.gif

Dobe

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough - that'll probably swing it for you when you're up in court grin.gif

Dobe - Agreed that much does depend on how you drive at speed, but judging by your words, I would hope you have had some professional training. But I'm thinking that you probably haven't because you sound as if you are consciously looking for road races and that is not a safe practice. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Redrobin i assure you i'm not looking for road races at all its just the way i typed it,advanced driver training. back to topic, Nutcracker the all wheel drive of a scooby sapp's so much power on launch(they dont have £60k gear box like prodrive rally car) the .:R. would be off like a rocket,I dont think you would be shamed at all,also our tourqe is well down the rev range, where as a scooby runs out of steam quite quickly, so even down b roads we would hold our own.

Dobe

[ QUOTE ]

Dobe

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, do I detect an element of GTI syndrome here tongue.gif

I would suggest the Carrera 4S wasn't trying all that hard 169144-ok.gif

There has to be an easy 10 seconds difference for, say, 80-140 and I would imagine that the gap in that time would be more than 20m. Had you both carried on being a bit silly then that gap would have only got much, much bigger.

As for the original topic, I would guess at a new std WRX being around 1 second shy of an R32 at 100mph but dropping a few more beyond that due to poor aerodynamics (in terms of absolute speed).

Because all .:R owners stick to 70mph on a motorway that is completely deserted at 2am in the morning when coming home from work... Bollox. As Dobe says, there is a time and a place, usually when no one else is around and you can see well beyond what you can stop in, and there is thus no undue risk from other 'less than well trained' road users to cause an accident...

Let's not start another of these threads unless the one who casts the first stone is truly innocent of not ever taking part in such an activity ... 169144-ok.gif

Lets not get into a my twonker is bigger than yours here chaps? Nutcracker is the one who asked a question in orignal thread, so i just replied with my experiance as owning both cars, Redrobin i accept but apologise for my literature. Braksnake ,I think like my self every opportunity is treated with ut most respect 169144-ok.gif

D1MAC GTI syndrome?WTF

Speedywheels I am a true petrol head so if i offend you or any one with my need for speed i appologise now.

Bit off topic but this is what a bounce down tera firma looks like at 130 Attached pic is what was left of my gear minus the bike i never saw again.

No bitching please, We all beleive the .:R. would kick any ass RIGHT.

Dobe

post-16736-137914398167_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

D1MAC GTI syndrome?WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a sufficient nosey around you will see that SOME of the GTI drivers have a view that their choice is the fastest set of 4 wheels in the West ROLLEY~14.GIF

I'm an interested (but impartial) outsider and sometimes I do have a bit of a chuckle when the comedy comparisons get rolled out (FWIW I have an ASBO (but did consider an R32 amongst others, hence why I will occasionally knock around here) and the ST OC get at least as excited at times).

I look at things without any rose tinted specs and this just sounded to me like a stereotypical 'bullsh*t' special. The 4S has 320bhp and the R32 has 225-250bhp (depending on how long it's been run for) and given the Porsche weighs a touch less or the same at worst, there is no way you were really giving it a hard time - can't cheat the laws of physics at the end of the day.

I would have thought that as a biker you would have known better but confused.gif

The WRX and STi (newer shape) are both quicker cars point-to-point if driven well. Plain and simple.

The Golf weighs more and has less power - and although Haldex is very good it doesn't have the raw natural grip or feel of the Scooby AWD system. Not saying I rate the Scooby higher - but from a purists perspective it is designed as a performance motor from the off. The Golf is a fast variant of a family hatchback - not designed with pure racing/rallying/motorsport intentions.

Where the R32 feels quicker is the instant shove of torque in lower rev ranges - but without a doubt it's the slower car overall.

I say this from an ownership perspective as opposed to an on-road comparison perspective - it means nothing with different members of the public driving quick-ish cars on general roads. To be fair, neither car is sh1t-quick anyway - all things are relative ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The WRX and STi (newer shape) are both quicker cars point-to-point if driven well. Plain and simple.

The Golf weighs more and has less power - and although Haldex is very good it doesn't have the raw natural grip or feel of the Scooby AWD system. Not saying I rate the Scooby higher - but from a purists perspective it is designed as a performance motor from the off. The Golf is a fast variant of a family hatchback - not designed with pure racing/rallying/motorsport intentions.

Where the R32 feels quicker is the instant shove of torque in lower rev ranges - but without a doubt it's the slower car overall.

I say his from an ownership perspective as opposed to an on-road comparison perspective - it means nothing with different members of the public driving quick-ish cars on general roads. To be fair, neither car is sh1t-quick anyway - all things are relative ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

amen!

haven driven R32's (mk4+5) and Subaru (STI's/Spec D's), there is simply no contest.

Suburu's are on a slightly different performance level