Final decisions before I place the order...

Woppum

Ok finally move in to the flat in about 1 month from now so am going to place the order for the tellys within the next couple of wks. I have had no time to do any more reaserch so I am calling on you lot for any advise on wether the above list I have chosen is still the right way to go. Any help would be apreciated.

thanks beerchug.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get the Pioneer 508XD for the bedroom and the Pioneer 60" 1080p screen for the main room, the 60" is out in around 4 weeks.

Or the Fujitsu Aviamo 65", it is 1080p, with their AVMIII processing and is meant to be stunning, although not cheap.

Well after some careful thought I have placed the order. Big thanks to Guy for letting me know about the equipment. I will post pics when its up and running end of sept.

Bedroom

Pioneer 50” screen – PDP 508XDE

Wall bracket – is to slide to the left and tilt towards bed.

Arcam 250R

B&W MT1’s x5 –

Valadine 8” sub –

Sky HD –

X BOX 360 with HD DVD

Living Room

Fujitsu Aviamo 65

B&W FPM6 x3 speakers - blk

B&W FPM5 x2 speakers - blk

Diva Combo – AVP700 AND P1000 AMP - in blk

Valodine 10” sub

Sky HD –

Playstation 3 –

X Box 360 and HD DVD

Slightly bonkers but will have loads of fun there. Nothing like being free and single! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Dont forget the mute button when watching pron, not sure the Xbox live connection will save you there. tongue.gif

American Pie style "Ride me like a pony" blaring out yelrotflmao.gif

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ive got no quarms with what people think of me. Just I dont come back from work to find my room mate at it in the living room! tongue.gif

• 1 month later...

Well the flat is getting there now, finally moved in now. I have no Internet though for the next couple of weeks so may not be on here much, I hope you will survive. Anyways, thought id post a few pics of the telly's so far:

This is the bedroom telly - the new 50" Pioneer. The picture really is incredible, put motorstorm on and the difference in picture between this and my old 43" Pioneer is staggering.

IMG_0676.jpg

The floor is still not carpeted yet. That will be another 2 weeks. I also wont have the cabinet for the all the equipment for a similar amount of time so its all resting nicely on the underlay. The Valadine sub is superb!

IMG_0678.jpg

Little B&W speakers in each corner of the room. Great noise and look good IMHO.

IMG_0685.jpg

This is the temporary set up which im using until the 65" Fujitsu comes in a couple of weeks. The speakers cant be mounted on the walls until the proper telly is fitted so are just resting on cardboard...

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Friday night was a bit of a disaster. Had a few friends round and everything stopped working. Luckily the bloke who installed it promptly came over the next day to fix. All is now working. Properly good gaming with the new quality of sound. Great fun... 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Aviamo fitted last friday so have hd the weekend now have a play with it. It is simply stunning, far more impressive in every way than the latest 50" Pioneer. Looks stunning to, esp in the high gloss blk frame. It took 4 of us to carry it upstairs and same again to stick it on the wall bracket. In the box customs weighed it at 107kg! Anyway I will try and get some pics up sometime this week. I still have not Internet yet so it aint easy.

[ QUOTE ]

I will drop you a PM about it, I will speak to the guys as Fuji and ask if there are any extra settings in the menus compared with the older versions. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're speaking to Graham, he possibly doesn't know yet. I was at Fuji a couple of weeks back & we ended up showing him stuff.

Nice set up Sam, very impressed. 169144-ok.gif