Is the 520d any good?

Tizzy

So my company car dilemma goes on for a bit longer. The 520d is certainly on a shortlist for me - either as a company car or on an opt out deal, via finance from Gareth hopefully. However not having driven one yet, I'd be interested in those who've got one / driven one's opinions:

- What's the performance like (yes I know it'll be slow as hell after the S4!) but is it quick enough to overtake safely?

- MPG read on another post here that 6-700 miles from a tank is possible (and I'd be doing a lot of m/way driving) so is it realistic to expect 46mpg?

- M Sport version: Is the ride much harder? - I much prefer the look and stance of the M-Sport.

- Media Pack - anyone compared the DVD Nav to the Audi RNSE (which I think is excellent) is it as good as the Audi system? I'd also want the Visibility pack as once you've had xenons there's no going back.

Your comments are much appreciated & thanks very much! 169144-ok.gif

Chris

I have been mulling over a choice of a 520d (se spec with my budget) or A4 s-line. Having looked at both cars in the dealer, I prefer the beemer. More car for your money IMO.

I don't think you will find it too slow, although compared to an S4 it might take a while to adjust!

Alistair, you will have to change your user name to E61d. 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

Thanks for your comments so far guys. If the A4 wasn't about to be replaced then I'd probably be sticking with Audi's, but I prefer the 5 to the A6, and the BMW 2.0 diesel seems much quieter, smoother & more powerful than the 2.0TDi 140 in the A6 (why they haven't fitted the 170 in the A6 is a mystery to me).

Still be interested in anyone's comments about the Sat-Nav system - is it worth paying extra for the Professional over the Business version?

I dont understand why the 170 TDI isint fitted to the A6 either, if i had been i dont think we would have gone any further and ordred an A6 Avant, but the 2.7 is thirsty. The 2.0d pulls the 5 well, its quite a light car using alu body parts etc

I averaged 44 mpg on the way to nottingham in the loaner (i dont hang around) 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I would say so, wewillbuyyourcar.co.uk offer £600 more for the prof system over the business system, and I think it is only £500 more??

[/ QUOTE ]

They will offer £500 extra for any NAV over none, no difference between the two.

Leather adds another £300.

You sure, when I put in the details of a car I put business by mistake, did it again and put prof in and it was £600 more, this was on a 535d though, maybe it makes more of a difference on that or maybe I missed something else off? Or could have been the price had gone up the next day, but I doubt it!! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You sure, when I put in the details of a car I put business by mistake, did it again and put prof in and it was £600 more, this was on a 535d though, maybe it makes more of a difference on that or maybe I missed something else off? Or could have been the price had gone up the next day, but I doubt it!! smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they both add £500 you must have input something slightly different.

Trust me i watch the prices all the time sekret.gif and sometimes they do jump back up or to put it more correctly they have taken a big drop for month or two then jumped back up, maybe looking for stock bumps up price its all supply and demand at end off day.