From MK IV R32 to Edt 30

Gemmzl

Hi all,

I'm looking to change my car this summer and i'm after an Edtition 30. I'm looking for one that has DSG and is in White. From what i've read so far (which isn't much yet) White might be hard to find?

I'm trying to cut down on running costs as we're looking for a new house. I was going to buy a MK V R32 but decided to save the planet and get the more "Eco friendly" engine. ( not...... didn't want to pay the £400 per year tax!)

Any advise would be greatly appreciate as of yet i've not done an awful lot of research into this car.

I've booked myself in for a test drive and i'm waiting for a reply from my local dealer. (Caffyns, Haywards Heath)

Thanks for your time.

Darren (using girlfriends account)

All the performance Golfs are great cars - The Mk4 and Mk5 R32, the Mk5 GTI and Ed30. It's a matter of personal preference but consensus of opinion is that the GTI feels more 'nimble'/agile to drive than the .:R.

DSG is superb, especially when you use its Manual mode. It takes time to get the flow of using it naturally because it offers you so many different choices of mixing how you use it. There's plenty of threads here all about it if you do a Search.

On a separate note:

Newcomer Gemma, being female, first post gets over 2,000 views and 684 messages of welcome with open arms.

Newcomer Darren, being male, first post gets 200 views and 2 posted replies!

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Newcomer Gemma, being female, first post gets over 2,000 views and 684 messages of welcome with open arms.

Newcomer Darren, being male, first post gets 200 views and 2 posted replies!

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gifSo, whats your point RR? yelrotflmao.gif

Perverts, the lot of ya!!

How about this one??

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/882860.aspx

- Candy White

- 5DR

- DSG

- Bi-Xenons Headlights

- Highline Multi function Computer

- Luxury Pack 2

- Centre Armrest + IPOD

- Parking Sensor

- Dash 6CD changer

- Bluetooth Phone prep

- Supraguard

1200 miles - so perfectly run in!

Otherwise as new condition.

Looking for somewhere around £26000 ono.

Changing the subject quickly back to topic grin.gif - Gemma/Darren will find that there are things which they prefer about the Mk4 .:R to the GTI Ed30 (V6 sound and 4WD for example) but also things which they prefer about the Ed30.

I'd recommend a 5dr Ed30 for allround practicality.

[ QUOTE ]

Changing the subject quickly back to topic grin.gif - Gemma/Darren will find that there are things which they prefer about the Mk4 .:R to the GTI Ed30 (V6 sound and 4WD for example) but also things which they prefer about the Ed30.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may find the ride a bit soft after a Mk4 R32 the mk4 had a very hard ride imo its one of the reasons i never owned one.

Right well i've booked in for a test drive in a manual transmission as that's all they have, but at least i'll get to see what it's all about. They have one at Sidlow Gatwick, which is the branch i got my R32 from.

I've decided that it needs to have DSG and Xenons. Are there any other extras you would recommend? My colour preference is Candy White, Black and Grey (not sure on exact name)

[ QUOTE ]

Right well i've booked in for a test drive in a manual transmission as that's all they have, but at least i'll get to see what it's all about. They have one at Sidlow Gatwick, which is the branch i got my R32 from.

I've decided that it needs to have DSG and Xenons. Are there any other extras you would recommend? My colour preference is Candy White, Black and Grey (not sure on exact name)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Gemma,

Found this one for you to have a look I know you would like a 3 dr but its worth a look.

Linky

good luck with test drive 169144-ok.gif

Thanks Ekin,

Only problem is that i'm going away next month so i wasn't going to put my car up for sale until i get back. No doubt that one would have been sold by then.

I would go with a 5dr if i could find one with everything i wanted. In fact the one you sent was perfect....it's just a shame im not in the position to buy until i shift mine.

Thanks very much all, you have been most helpful!

Darren (will stop using gf's account soon and get my own)

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Gemma,

Found this one for you to have a look I know you would like a 3 dr but its worth a look.

Linky

good luck with test drive 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, thet is the same car i posted about earlier in this thread with a 2k reduction in price!