New Octy VRS ordered

lazerblue

After quite a bit of pondering and test drives in quite a few motors I today ordered a new Octavia VRS 2.0 Tfsi hatch grin.gif

Delivery due early June which is cool... though something tells me the next month is gonna drag.

Any other TSN'ers got one yet ???

Hi Snoopy,

One thing I would say if your not aware of it is that at the moment new VRS comes with free 18" Alloy upgrade & Jumbo pack which consists of air conditioned adjustable centre armrest with aux jack for MP3 player, rear electric windows and twin zone climate.

Also you can still get a good discount on top of this and should be able to pick up a car with this spec and metallic for just over 16K.

Snoopy,

Just one thing though, the deal only applies up to 29/06/2007 though the dealer I eventualy dealt with said this may be extended, no guarantee's though !!!

Best reputable UK brokers price is through Drive The Deal website which I managed to match with a relatively nearby dealer.

PM me if you require further details, but obviously do you own research first make sure you buy the car that suits your own preferances.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a phone call today from dealer today letting me know that it had just arrived grin.gif

So now need to arrange insurance cover and as I'm putting a personalised reg on it let them have the documentation. All being well should pick it up early next week.

Anybody know any good insurance companies to contact, bearing in mind that I will be looking at remap, exhaust & suspension mod's once ive put a couple of thousand miles on the clock ???

Checked out Elephant but they were quoting £498.

Think I'm going to go with Privilige who qouted £ 356 with protected no claims, legal cover and no increase if paying by instalments which seems a pretty good deal 169144-ok.gif

They will also cover modified cars so unless premium hike is massive shouldnt have the hassle of changing insurers.

Well done on the Octavia vRS.

Getting it chipped take it to to AMD in Bicester, they are not cheap but extremely good at what they do.

You should get your Octavia up to about 260bhp quite easily with remap and other stuff, and lots of torque.

Very nice car.

[ QUOTE ]

Getting it chipped take it to to AMD in Bicester, they are not cheap but extremely good at what they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

They went into administration in February, a sorry shadow of their former self. Last time I visited was in 2003. Things apparently went seriously downhill until their close this year. Shame.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...