R8 UK Production sold out for 3 years ?

CarMad

Just read on another site that they are saying they have sold the first 3 years of production due for the UK and they changing hand for over 10k over list.

Audi say if they see people doing this they drop to the bottom of the list and are treating it like a new order.

So has it sold that well, and despite people saying it was going to lose a fortune it appears to be quite sought after. blush.gif

We've sold 2-3 years worth of allocation. But thats only about 6-7 cars and people drop out all the time so who knows confused.gif

It's a new exciting product by an aspirational brand that appears to be pushing the Automotive Press' right buttons. So I'd say its probably not gonna loose that much 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just read on another site that they are saying they have sold the first 3 years of production due for the UK and they changing hand for over 10k over list.

Audi say if they see people doing this they drop to the bottom of the list and are treating it like a new order.

So has it sold that well, and despite people saying it was going to lose a fortune it appears to be quite sought after. blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy an R8 and keep it a year and you'll be looking at a minimum £20000 loss in the first year.

[ QUOTE ]

can you give me this week's lottery numbers Scott?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only cars IMO that might be able to achieve a £10000 premium was my previous GT3 and the RS and some other exotic cars , not an Audi.

My work colleague bought one of the first AMV8 , £88000 new , trade bid with only 2500 miles and just over a year old is ............ £68000 and the Aston dealer only really wanted it on SOR.

When i tried selling my 997 GT3 alot of places just didnt want it and trust me THAT IS A CAR THATS IN DEMAND AND DESERVES TO BE smile.gif

We have higher interest rates , a car thats laughably overpriced and i dont think Audi even have a sensible warranty pack for future resale so im sure that will just makes matter worse when the car gets older ,oh and its not got a premium badge on the front ( for a supercar ) .

If the lottery was as easy as this to predict i would be a very wealthy man tongue.gif

Interior is very nice though 169144-ok.gif

allthough everyone will ignore me as i'm not a motor market 'expert', the R8 has the makings of a car that will hold its value. limited supply (350), mid engine V8 4WD, fast, unbelievable styling, quality interior and a price tag that IMO is reasonable. A supercar for 75K is a bargin - the porka turbo is 100K+ and the GT3 is too hardcore to be a competitor. The audi badge is on the move and IMO the R8 is a part of this - esp. targeting a younger/more modern market than bently/ferrari/lambo or aston hit.

To me the R8 sticks out as a cheap supercar but with amazing engineering (listen to an RS4 engine!) not to say it will have 0% loss, but 20K in the first year seems steep.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

can you give me this week's lottery numbers Scott?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only cars IMO that might be able to achieve a £10000 premium was my previous GT3 and the RS and some other exotic cars , not an Audi.

My work colleague bought one of the first AMV8 , £88000 new , trade bid with only 2500 miles and just over a year old is ............ £68000 and the Aston dealer only really wanted it on SOR.

When i tried selling my 997 GT3 alot of places just didnt want it and trust me THAT IS A CAR THATS IN DEMAND AND DESERVES TO BE smile.gif

We have higher interest rates , a car thats laughably overpriced and i dont think Audi even have a sensible warranty pack for future resale so im sure that will just makes matter worse when the car gets older ,oh and its not got a premium badge on the front ( for a supercar ) .

If the lottery was as easy as this to predict i would be a very wealthy man tongue.gif

Interior is very nice though 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott I totally agree unless you get one of the first cars in circulation and sell it within three months I cant think of a new car these days that will hold above cost for longer than three months. The new M3 might hold longer but that will depend on if BMW flood the market or trickle it in.

I was in Porsche Solihull last week looking to trade in my Boxster for a 997 2S and they would only give me £30k on a car that cost me £37k in August. I could sell it privately and get more, but realistically I have decided to take it all the way now and order a new 911 in 2008 when my agreement ends.

I dont think the money is there like it used to be for cars most people are now spending 40% of their income on mortgages I was hearing this morning so most people are looking for cheaper motors.

can't see how m3 and r8 are comparable..? 2 seats v 4 saloon v supercar mass production v limited supply. boxter example is irrelevant aswell due to the numbers and differant market it aims for.

i don't buy 'most people can't afford it' either - it'[s not aimed at 'most people' its aimed at the super rich that's why all i can do is sit on tsn and drool!! there are more than 350 people with £70K car cash in the country - glasgow west end yesterday had a 911 gt2 2xbently convertible rs4 rs4 cab and about 100 range rover sports. there is the money there is the demand all that needs to happen is to get the feck*ng thing on the streets!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

allthough everyone will ignore me as i'm not a motor market 'expert',

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be ignoring you because I think your logic is fundamentally flawed!

[ QUOTE ]

mid engine V8 4WD, fast, unbelievable styling, quality interior and a price tag that IMO is reasonable. A supercar for 75K is a bargin

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a super car - it's a sports car, with comparable performance to the 911 (if anything slightly slower, yet it's priced at £10k above!!

[ QUOTE ]

the porka turbo is 100K+ and the GT3 is too hardcore to be a competitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you've not driven the new (PASM equipped) 911 GT3 which is significantly faster than the R8, and the TT is a league above in performance terms?

Additionally the 911 has the advantages of 4-seats and the history of Porsche which Audi cannot match.

[ QUOTE ]

The audi badge is on the move and IMO the R8 is a part of this - targeting a younger/more modern market than bently/ferrari/lambo or aston hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this, but they've targetted the right market at the wrong price - the R8 should be undercutting the equivalent 911, not be £5k-£10k more expensive!!

The interior isn't bad (but is not as good as the exterior), and does fall short of the quality expected at this price level - to my mind there is plenty of cheap looking plastic on the dash unless you pay for the optional carbon fibre accessories. The leather dash doesn't look/feel that special either, although it isn't bad.

[ QUOTE ]

To me the R8 sticks out as a cheap supercar but with amazing engineering (listen to an RS4 engine!) not to say it will have 0% loss, but 20K in the first year seems steep.

[/ QUOTE ]

As above it doesn't perform well enough to be a supercar, and given that you can get an RS4 for £55k, why pay an extra £30k to lose practicality.........

I reckon an £85k R8 will struggle to achive £70k after 1 year, unless it is one of the first UK cars, in which case you might get £75k.

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

Have to laugh as i remember my colleague with the AMV8 saying "its limited numbers compared to a 997" smile.gif

All premium cars today depreciate at a horrendous rate but the simple facts are that the R8 is stupedously overpriced.

It has the RS4 engine and from all accounts travels at the same speed , has two less doors but cost nearly £30000 more.

There was a thread on PH in the Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini & Bugatti section where a chap with an order on the R8 thought that the R8 should be added to this section ......... he was laughed at.

This has the same smell as the VW Phaeton and M6, just not as severe!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I reckon an £85k R8 will struggle to achive £70k after 1 year, unless it is one of the first UK cars, in which case you might get £75k.

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

[/ QUOTE ]

If an £85000 R8 got anywhere near £70000 i would be bowdown.gif

I would think more like around £60000 bid from a dealer bike.thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

flamed as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

FIREdevil.gif ??

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just didn't agree with some of the points you made, and therefore felt compelled to explain why.

The reason that a forum like TS.net works so well, is that we all have opinions and are entitled to express them beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't have one on order and cant afford one so won't comment further. we'll all just have to wait and see how it goes..!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did have one on order, and saw it 'in the flesh', but that doesn't make my opinion on residuals anymore valid than yours.

As you say, it is a stunning looking car, and numbers are limited, so residuals may well hold up better than many of us expect.

I cancelled my order as I was concerned about residuals, and only planned to keep the car a year or so. I'm hoping it goes well, and still have my deposit on the R10 instead.

We will see who turns out to be right!!!

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

Im sure the R10 will be fab. Much prefure the idea of it over the 430, Gallardo etc. Just hope its not too heavy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Gallardo for me every time.

The R8/R10 just doesn't do it for me.. maybe the Audi brand just doesn't carry it for me. And as for selling out for a couple of years.. easy when you're only making a handful of cars every month.