White GTi's

Smudge

Would you rather?  

1. 1. Would you rather?

• Die in screaming agony at 80?
    • Die peacefully at 40?

I'm not sure how many White MkV GTi's we have here but I realised tooday that I've really not seen as many as I thought following the advertising programme from VW.

What do people think, White was just an advertising thing, or that White is great? I just wonder if it will look dated in 2-3 years time??

I think that white and red are the 2 best colours for the gti but just not that many people have the bottle to buy a white one due to the worry of resale values. I dont think a white mk5 gti will be worth any less than another colour.

I bought a Candy white GTI as I thought it looked good, I personally don't think the colour will really date, not like say the bright orange focus ST's/ Audi S3.

In my opinion the problem with black cars is that in time they show swirl marks worse than any colour I can think of, this is probably down to the average owner using a sponge!! And black is as common as muck, I work for Vauxhall Motors making the Astra and I would say 60percent of the cars that go down the line are black!

DSCF0174M.jpg

DSCF0177M.jpg

DSCF0175M.jpg

DSCF0171m.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Red you miss my point, does a White MkV look dated over a Black one, or will it more so in time

[/ QUOTE ]

.... 169144-ok.gif. IMO I reckon that the white GTI will date less quickly than the black. I can't rationalise it but perhaps it's because the white is rarer.

I've thought about a white GTI. For about 3 seconds. I've got enough problem keeping a blue car clean, let alone a white one EEK2.GIF

They still look the muts, though, but they are IMO, a passing thing.

I reckon they would be more difficult to sell 169144-ok.gif

Looks good, but get hit hard come re-sale time. Up to a grand less than a normal colour!! As I recently found out when I tried to get a trade bit on one I was taking in p/x!! I really like the look of them but wouldnt own one. If you want a white car, stick to supercars - GT3 RS etc, which really suit this colour

I quite liked the white when i got mine but i thought it worked far better on the 3door than the 5.

The black and white work well together imo.

I like it for a few reasons mainly the one that everyone on the road at the moment seems blind and a bright colour they seem to notice more maybe its because they see white/silver are often police car colours lol but the amount of near misses i have been in or watched due to the car been a dark colour is quite scary.

I alos think the GTI looks good in white, a local dealer has had one for sale secondhand for ages but i think that maybe more down to the price than anything as mates of mine who have seen it about always coment on how nice it looks in white.

The other advantage is when you get a stone chip and miss it the galv/zinc coating does not put a lovley white dot on your dark coloured car.

My personal view is supercars and performace cars look cheap in white. Theres a coxster a few streets from me and i don't like it.