Stop ITV Bias and James Allens commentary petition

scf27

What with that ignorant Aussie ponce screaming witless banality over the top of Steve Parrish (who actually has intelligent stuff to say) during the MotoGP, and that rabid monkey-hinger they've hired to replace Barry Nuttley on the superbikes, the quality of the commentary this year has plumbed new depths across all forms of motorsport...

Hah, here in the youessay, if Hamilton wins, all it'll mean is that F1 *might* get mentioned in the regular press.

Montreal's running right now but the Detroit Tiger-NY Mets baseball game is pre-empting it...despite video feed issue (i.e, none)

Oh, sorry, baseball = a short game of cricket w/ more bases and skinnier bats where 'Mericans spit and drink crappy beer for $8/glass.

Well done Lewis Hamilton. You drove the car round and came first. You still seem like a nice young man and it's apparent you've worked hard to achieve your success.

Just one last favour? Could you please ask the meejah types to shut the feck up about you for five feckin seconds. It used to just be James 'bellowing idiocy' Allen but now everybody has jumped on board. I watch motorsport because I enjoy watching motorsport oddly enough, involving a range of teams and drivers with all sorts of backgrounds. We can bear slightly more complexity than Mark Blundell earnestly telling Steve Rider "duh brown boy is Engerland innit, he done driven fasterer round duh windy roads. Eng-er-land!" I know it's cute watching Blundell furrow his brow as he tries to remember his "special words, what are hard, like sums" but please.

Get ready for the inevitable backlash, for as surely as newspaper writers are lazy venal idiots there will be one. And when some earnest talking head asks "Oh why do we have to knock successful people in this country?" you can tell them "because you spent six months telling me that he shits diamond cufflinks and can heal animals with his rainbow vision."

• 5 weeks later...

I saw Ryder & Blundell doing their piece to camera from the McLaren pit on Sunday lunchtime, there were pools of drool around the boxes they have to stand on (they are after all, shortarses) They did shy away from mentioning the institutional rascism that is being shown in F1 at the moment, all these white drivers are being singled out as underachievers!

[ QUOTE ]

I saw Ryder & Blundell doing their piece to camera from the McLaren pit on Sunday lunchtime, there were pools of drool around the boxes they have to stand on (they are after all, shortarses) They did shy away from mentioning the institutional rascism that is being shown in F1 at the moment, all these white drivers are being singled out as underachievers!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Looks like I cut the boxes out of the pic - should I have punched him when I had the chance? yelrotflmao.gif

1190696-BritishGP2007Silverstone120%28Medium%29.jpg

post-3095-137914403146_thumb.jpg

James Alan is an absolute fanny. Just once I would like to sit down and watch F1 without having to listen to the bucket loads of tripe he insists of spewing out every GP.

The guy has proven time after time with his comments that he knows very little about the sport, I think ITV drafted him in to try and attract a different type of viewer to watch F1 on ITV, when instead he is driving away all the viewers.

And also, they should get rid of that crap theme tune and get the old one back.

You know the one, the bit from the end of 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac.

That theme tune plus Murray Walker, them were the days.

Im actaly enjoying watching the f1 in sweden, with swedish commentary. Eventhough I dont speak any swedish I can tell they arent just talking about Lewis all the time, and anythings better than listening to that arse wipe Allen tell us the differences between our road cars and F1 cars. F%#K OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this petition actually going to get to ITV? I emailed them directly a few years ago and got nowhere but surely if there was a large scale influx of complaints they'd have to listen. Voting with our feet would be the only way but it's not like we have a choice of channels to watch F1 on (or is there a cable/satellite feed I'm not aware of?)

It's such a shame because Brundle is excellent - something which should be mentioned more on these forums, especially when you can tell *he* thinks Allen is a blithering idiot too!

No cable that I know of, last was Bernie's pay per view, which was a step too far in ripping off the standard F1 fan, in my opinion.

Too right though, you can hear the simmering hate in the commentary box in the pauses after Allen opens his mouth and Brundle tips in.

It's almost like he's been holding his head in hands and thinking of novel ways of inserting his microphone into Allen's gabbling orifice.

On second thoughts he should use his own microphone too, last thing we would want is Allen talking out of his mouth instead!!!

What I don't get is that every time Brundle does anything, his show and tell yokes, his pit walks then ITV walk away with an award. Every time the belming pratt Allen opens his mouth there is a power surge as millions turn off their TV sets.

So why is Brundle becoming more and more sidelined, he talks less, does less features and appears less on the ITV website, do you think he's just being worn down by the mediocrity of his surroundings?