Best anti Virus

Ari

Right, I've finally got rid of Norton using the Norton removal tool, seems to have gone ok as far as I can tell.

So what's the best thing to replace it with?

I've heard sometihng called AVS (I think) mentioned, any good?

AVG is what you need. Some months some can be better than others but it hasn't let me down. Just put AVG free into google and download it and you will be fine.

It updates every day and won't cost you a penny. Its won reviews in the past, not bad for free. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've found viruses all over PC's "protected" by AVG.

[/ QUOTE ]

What by other pieces of software that like to find things they think might be viruses that aren't.

AVG has found viruses for me no problems. Not once have I found it not to work on any of the machines I've supported. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've found viruses all over PC's "protected" by AVG.

[/ QUOTE ]

What by other pieces of software that like to find things they think might be viruses that aren't.

AVG has found viruses for me no problems. Not once have I found it not to work on any of the machines I've supported. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I mean like McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.

[ QUOTE ]

try Eset, it's great... you can download a 30 day trial version 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Use this one myself and love it cos its light on resources. Costs around £30 a year. Was one of the very few areas that I felt I didn't want to skimp on. Use it with a number of other (free) pieces of security software to keep things nasty free.

As far as 'best' goes then I have been hearing very good things about Kaspersky - best detection rates etc.

ClamWin comes bundled with SpywareTerminator (real-time anti malware utility with decent on demand scanner). ST is a great product but Clam is not really well thought of and most don't activate it. That's what I do anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

We've just moved off it due to it missing tons of viruses and causing a lot of PC's to hang.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately that's been our findings too. AV is an odd one - ask ten techies which they prefer and you'll get lots of differing answers all slating the others yelrotflmao.gif

Well yes, I can imagine that's true. 50k plus desktop is a bit of handful shocked.gif

I only have 7 or 8k to hand but the principal is much the same I guess. Only we don't have your IT budget crazy.gif

If you want to throw some our way please do 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks, finally got around to this.

Downloaded it but it's asking for "license/sales number". Says I will find this within the email or product registration card or packaging, none of which I have of course as I've just downloaded it direct. Any thoughts..? confused.gif