Audi 80 TDi...a few problems!!!
Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:38 PM
1. The Airbag Light takes a minute or two before it goes off.
2. The tappets are quite noisy...and this is worse when the car warms up......is this easy to fix?
3. I'm only getting around 90 miles on £10 of fuel around town (@76p/ltr).....is that normal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suicide.gif
Posted 05 November 2003 - 02:32 PM
2. Has a diesel got tappets?
3. I have a TDi 90BHP, with 170k on the clock, i drive "very enthusiastically" and i still manage at least 100 miles on a £10, thats with sticky tyres. If i have normal wheels (standard audi jobbies) i get about 110-115 minimum, so either you tow a caravan all the time, your cars constantly loaded up, or theres something wrong.
Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:16 AM
As for the noise....its a very typical Audi tappety kind of sound...but that doesn't mean it isn't something else. Is the timing possibly out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashfreakB.gif
Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:26 AM
Posted 06 November 2003 - 11:16 AM
There seems to be a very small leak from one of the bolts on the top cover of the engine...the one nearest to the front.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users