VW - night driving...

CavPD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone..

My name is Chris and I work for a company called Outside Line, a digital marketing company working on behalf of Volkswagen UK.

We're working with them on their new micro-site which cavPD refers to above - www.night-driving.com .

The site has several key features, including a video editing competition where users can win an HD video camera.

Volkswagen UK are very interested in your community's thoughts about the site and particularly about the video editing mechanism built into it.

We will pass any comments back to Volkswagen UK who will use your community's feedback to help shape the way they communicate with consumers in the future.

It would be great if you could take a look at the site, have a play with the video mechanism to create a video and let us know what you think.

If you'd like any additional information about the site or about Volkswagen UK then please feel free to ask in this thread. I can't guarantee that I will have the answer but I'm more than happy to try and find out for you smile.gif

Thanks very much all - I hope you like the site

Chris

Outside Line

beerchug.gif

I think you'll find that customers would rather VW spent their money on customer service than on smooth, slick websites where we can edit videos of their products. Generally people have little or no problems with their cars (although there are the few exceptions) but the dealerships lack of knowledge about how the customer should be treated just keeps coming back again and again (however, there are exceptions to this aswell).

Admittedly, your work on the site you're promoting is very nice and everyone has to make a living, but given the choice between free video editing and better dealer support when we need it, then sorry to say you lose.

So could you tell them please? 169144-ok.gif

Chris,

The site looks great, but, tbh, I don't get the point of it. Yes, I guess it's intended to be a viral web site - IIRC, someone's already posted a link to it, so the viral bit of it works.

What was VW's brief to your agency when they came to you to build the site?

beerchug.gif

Chris, the irony is that I no longer drive a VW, so I'm actually championing a cause which I have nothing to benefit from, really. grin.gif

However, my reasons for leaving VW are not because of anything they did really, and I hope to be able to buy VW again in the future. In the meantime, I have decided to run the gauntlet of one of their sister companies, and at the moment I'm attempting to wring some sort of satisfaction from buying a Seat Altea. So if you have any weight to throw at Seat, then I'd much appreciate it.

Apparently their dealerships are the worst in the VAG group, so this could be fun. yelrotflmao.gif

• 2 weeks later...