Got a build week...

Risky

[ QUOTE ]

We've just got a letter our build week is 30 ("commencing Monday 23rd July").

Any idea what this means in terms of delivery date?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means 10-21 days for you to get it...and therefore you'd be daft to not have it for the '57 plate/1st Sept.

[ QUOTE ]

it means 10-21 days for you to get it...and therefore you'd be daft to not have it for the '57 plate/1st Sept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I suppose I was amusing myself that an S5 with an 07 plate would mark it out as one of the first ones, but I guess I should delay.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I suppose I was amusing myself that an S5 with an 07 plate would mark it out as one of the first ones, but I guess I should delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought yours was the only S5 sold so it will be pretty unique in any case. jump.gif

Not at all - meant what I said in both posts. I don't expect S5s to sell well (as S4s havn't for the last two years - fuel costs etc) but its bound to drive better than an S4. Just remember that after two years it will only be worth £25k.

Well I can see that 05 S4s are from 27k on AutoTrader. But that is a car that's been around for quite a few years and there's a RS4 around now to take it's glory.

This is off the new platform and there may be a bit more interest that getting an S4 now. I can imagine the RS5 will hit the resale, but that's a little way off as the RS6 isn't even out yet.

£25 would hurt a fair bit, I'll have to hope it stays up in the thirties.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, hold for that '57 plate 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well I can see that 05 S4s are from 27k on AutoTrader. But that is a car that's been around for quite a few years and there's a RS4 around now to take it's glory.

This is off the new platform and there may be a bit more interest that getting an S4 now. I can imagine the RS5 will hit the resale, but that's a little way off as the RS6 isn't even out yet.

£25 would hurt a fair bit, I'll have to hope it stays up in the thirties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that in two years time, the RS5 will be out.

The problem is more with top end petrol cars in general (RS4 and other 'five star' cars apart) rather than the S5 specifically - depreciation is savage. A one year old S5 will trade at a little over £30k. There is not a hope in hell of a two year old one getting anything with a 3 in the trade unless you are buying something like a new A8 and getting a £5k over allowance.

Enjoy your car but keep it a few years to average out the depreciation.

PS A one year old S4 saloon with nav trades at £30k and a two year old at £26k but dealers won't pay book and if you don't have nav then there is a £2k hit or, more likely, dealers just won't buy it. Please tell me you have put nav on the S5?

[ QUOTE ]

Remember that in two years time, the RS5 will be out.

The problem is more with top end petrol cars in general (RS4 and other 'five star' cars apart) rather than the S5 specifically - depreciation is savage. A one year old S5 will trade at a little over £30k. There is not a hope in hell of a two year old one getting anything with a 3 in the trade unless you are buying something like a new A8 and getting a £5k over allowance.

Enjoy your car but keep it a few years to average out the depreciation.

PS A one year old S4 saloon with nav trades at £30k and a two year old at £26k but dealers won't pay book and if you don't have nav then there is a £2k hit or, more likely, dealers just won't buy it. Please tell me you have put nav on the S5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly it's a risk. Does depend on how big a hit the A5 is with the public (as opposed to the press/enthusiast community). The RS4 has been out for two years and the whole platform is near end-of-life. Also coupes are a slightly different market to saloons, I imagine. And of course petrol prices are an unknown. Certainly if its sitting at 133p in two years I'll probably have to give it away frown.gif

Yes I got SatNav, plus a few other goodies but not the kitchen sink. I took DAB as it's going to become a standard soon and the AMI but not the B&O speakers. Skipped a lot of the rest (No keyless entry, no hill-hold gizmo adaptive xenon or fancy parking). Oh and it's meteor grey with black interior which is pretty safe on changing tastes.

No, I've never used a phone setup so I thought I'd leave it. I think the only other was auto-dimming rear-view. It is tempting to start adding stuff on the "Well it's only £whatever but we stayed mean.

Shame they didn't offer tyre-pressure-monitoring. I don't fancy replacing those monsters if they get run suof t over our local potholes.