How To Retrofit A4 Bi Xenon Adaptive Headlights

kemthongminh

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a new Audi A4 B7 and decided to upgrade the Halogen Headlights to Bi Xenon Adaptive Headlights.

The set had arrived last week but I have no way to install them since I've heard from some friends that these will need some special plugs and also we'll need to recode them in order to get their lights balanced and automatically turning when we make turns.

Did anyone experience this? It'd be much appreciated if someone could share some info about this. Does anyone live in Sydney - Australia and offers this service?

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,

Kemthongminh

[ QUOTE ]

Try www.kufatec.de for the wiring adapters. I don't think you'll get the adaptive side of them working (if you mean by adaptive that they steer as you steer) but you might at least get the units working.

Good luck, and welcome to Tyresmoke!

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you guys for quick responses! I actually bought a set of Bi Xenon Adaptive light which means they can streer when we make turns. But honestly I don't know which wires, sensors I do have to purchase from Kufatec.

Also, Did someone experience about installing a new bose system? Can you advise me?

Cheers,

kemthongminh

Hi again everyone,

Im abit disappointed that I could not get the xenon headlights retrofited today since the halogen's plugs are totally different from the xenon's plugs. Has any one done it and recommend me what sort of plugs I do need to purchase from Kufatec.

Cheers,

kemthongminh

I would stop and think about this retrofit, Xenon headlights require much more power that the halogen system. Using the cars existing wiring is not a good idea for the main gas discharge lamp.

You need to get the correct wiring harness from Kufatec, but be warned you may not get English instructions. Do you have the wiring diagrams for the B7 A4?

[ QUOTE ]

I would stop and think about this retrofit, Xenon headlights require much more power that the halogen system. Using the cars existing wiring is not a good idea for the main gas discharge lamp.

You need to get the correct wiring harness from Kufatec, but be warned you may not get English instructions. Do you have the wiring diagrams for the B7 A4?

[/ QUOTE ] smirk.gif

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response! I can actually use google to translate to English but the thing here is Im unable to decide which set of plug I do need to purchase. Would you or anyone please specifically advise me whether I'll have to purchase a Adapter xenon headlight AUDI A4 B7 curve light or a Set of cables aLWR AUDI A4 B7 or both of them.

I also noticed that there are two more kinds of accessories in order to upgrade the car to xenon kit but I have know idea what they are. They are aLWR complete set Bi-xenon AUDI A4 B7 (costs 329 Euros) and aLWR complete set AUDI A4 B7 Bi-xenon with AFS (costs 369 Euros).

I'd like to have an set of adaptive bi xenon headlights which will turn when we steer. But if it costs too much, I'd go for the ones which can be up and down only.

Cheers,

kemthongminh

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. The xenon lamps are 35W compared to 55W for the halogen lamps. Even allowing for "only" 80% efficiency of the inverter, the xenons still take LESS power than halogens.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] smirk.gif

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response! I can actually use google to translate to English but the thing here is Im unable to decide which set of plug I do need to purchase. Would you or anyone please specifically advise me whether I'll have to purchase a Adapter xenon headlight AUDI A4 B7 curve light or a Set of cables aLWR AUDI A4 B7 or both of them.

I also noticed that there are two more kinds of accessories in order to upgrade the car to xenon kit but I have know idea what they are. They are aLWR complete set Bi-xenon AUDI A4 B7 (costs 329 Euros) and aLWR complete set AUDI A4 B7 Bi-xenon with AFS (costs 369 Euros).

I'd like to have an set of adaptive bi xenon headlights which will turn when we steer. But if it costs too much, I'd go for the ones which can be up and down only.

Cheers,

kemthongminh

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't get the self levelling working either unless you fit the sensors to the front anti roll bar.

Retrofitting is about experimentation - if you're going to do it you'll have to experiment, we can't do it for you!

Right then,

I've been looking into this retrofit for some time and the position is this:

To fit the bixenon units you need kufatec "Adapter Xenon-Scheinwerfer Audi A4 B7 Kurvenlicht" 33872.

The curve light cannot be made to work on the retrofit afaik at the moment. (but someone may know better!)

If you have a colour DIS you will get an self leveling error unless you fit the sensors on the front and rear suspension, along with wiring and control unit (a bitch of a job apparently) "komplettes aLWR Packet für A4 B7 Bi-Xenon"

If you do not have a colour DIS, you will not get an error if the self levelling system is not retrofitted.

I am at the stage of having the bits but not yet sorting out the cable runs/wiring.

Both options will need recoding via Vagcom for xenons+- DRLs to ensure the higher start up voltage is supplied.

Dave

PS you should also fit headlight washers if they are not fitted. You will need access to Vagcom and the wiring diagram for the B7 crazy.gif

Hi and thanks for your info!

Can you tell me what DIS Stand for? How do we distinguish my car has a color DIS or no?

You mean that if the car does not have a color DIS, we need only kufatec "Adapter Xenon-Scheinwerfer Audi A4 B7 Kurvenlicht" 33872?

But if the card does have a color DIS, we have to purchase both of "Adapter Xenon-Scheinwerfer Audi A4 B7 Kurvenlicht" 33872? and "komplettes aLWR Packet für A4 B7 Bi-Xenon"

As seen in Kufatec website, do we need to purchase these kind of goods further as they recommended:

Motor vehicles with headlights for high and low beam, which are equipped with gas-discharge lamps, must be equipped with 1. an automatic shining width regulation in the sense of the paragraph 8, 2. a headlamp wash/wipe system and a 3. a system, which guarantees constant switching on its of the headlight low beam also with high beam,

Cheers

I would suggest getting the washer system, in the UK you need to have these fitted with Xenons. If you don't fit the self levelling unit and the wash wipe system then you will constantly be getting flashed from other oncomming drivers who will think you are driving around with your main beam on.

Have to say I admire you for wanting to try this retrofit, but I personally would have got the car with factory fit Xenons. Not sure how much a retrofit will cost but I think £750 in the UK for the Xenon option, based on what I have read so far in this thread is actually good value.

Good luck with the project and look forward to seeing the results 169144-ok.gif

No one has done this retrofit on tyresmoke before, so your going to have to figure a lot of this stuff yourself. This is not an easy retrofit, you need to make sure you do the job right otherwise you could end up blinding on coming traffic, or damage some of the electronics in your car.