Com Port test keeps failing - am i doing it right?

Oli18

Hi guys,

Bought a non ross-tech cable blush.gif from http://www.talktomycar.co.uk/Shop/OBD2_Interfaces/mj020.htm

Not ideal, i know, but it's a lot of money for the real deal.

Have installed the drivers and VAG COM and can't get the thing to confirm a test. COM1 comes back saying the port is working but the device is not found.

When i try COM2, 3 or 4 is says they 'do not exist' and USB comes back saying that 'no ross-tech cable was found'.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and installing various different drivers but no luck. My device manager comes back with this (see below) which seems to indicate that the device is installed ok.

527838903_9fa85bb8cf.jpg

The cable itself has an active green light when plugged into the car.

I think i'm booting it up ok in that i plug in the cable 1st, start the car (or just turn electrics on) and then start VAG COM. I have tried other sequesnces but no luck as yet.

My device manager says it's on COM24...VAG COM only has COM1,2,3,4 and USB. Could this be the issue?

Any insight greatly appriciated smile.gif

Many thanks,

Oli

Thanks guys, i found out that when you right click the device (in device manager), go to properties, then to the 'port settings' tab and then click 'advanced' you can change the com port.

It works now! grin.gif

Thanks for the help.

-Oli

• 2 weeks later...