New BMW 335i M sport coupe slot

Gareth

[ QUOTE ]

Job done. I have spoken the the dealership who in turn have been in touch with the 3 series UK brand manager. As of September (MY08 cars) will come as standard with regenerative breaking and some other new tweakes (not start/stop technology) to reduce 335i Co2 levels from 228 g/km (band G) to 218 g/km (band F). These technologies have also seen an mpg increase of 4% (just over 1mpg).

I have been able to postpone my build slot to Septemer with a late September delivery date.

I have gone from being pi$$ed to really quite chuffed with this car within the space of 24 hours - and its not even built yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done. Makes a 335i a sensible choice with the discounts on offer. Its all you really need - I probably would leave it standard if I bought one.

[ QUOTE ]

Job done. I have spoken the the dealership who in turn have been in touch with the 3 series UK brand manager. As of September (MY08 cars) will come as standard with regenerative breaking and some other new tweakes (not start/stop technology) to reduce 335i Co2 levels from 228 g/km (band G) to 218 g/km (band F). These technologies have also seen an mpg increase of 4% (just over 1mpg).

I have been able to postpone my build slot to Septemer with a late September delivery date.

I have gone from being pi$$ed to really quite chuffed with this car within the space of 24 hours - and its not even built yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news all round then 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You really have to wonder how Audi is going to do with the S5. The 335i is £5k cheaper spec for spec, is about 25% more fuel economic, has the same performance and will be half the rate of road tax. Hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing new there then! crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You really have to wonder how Audi is going to do with the S5. The 335i is £5k cheaper spec for spec, is about 25% more fuel economic, has the same performance and will be half the rate of road tax. Hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course will look nothing like as exclusive as the S5 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course will look nothing like as exclusive as the S5 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ageree with that, and that is where Audi will nab sales, the fact it is an S car will sell bucket loads.

BMW should market their range differently.

They should have SE, Sport and then M-Sport only on the top model of each range, so treat it like Audi do, with SE, S-Line and S cars and then the RS as the real daddy.

So you would have all the 3 series avalaible as SE and Sport spec, and you would be able to option the 335i and d as M-Sport, getting the M-Sport body kit, Exclusive wheels and trim, then you would have teh true M3, with all the true M toys on it.

I think they would get far more people to up from a 330 to a 335 doing this and it would feel more exclusive. £55-60k will get the exclusivity back into M cars for a bit though I guess.

I'm not sure if i'm convinced with the stop/start on the 120D I took delivery of last month. So far the achieved fuel consumption is nearly 30% off the figures quoted by BMW. In contrast our 330D Coupe is pretty much on the money and is only about 5 mpg lower than the 120D. Both cars have done 1500 miles.

Hold on, you can't compare your figures with someone else's figures, the only way you could see what the 330d auto does is take one out, if you are getting 42 mpg from your 120d manual I would guess you would get around 33 mpg from a 330d auto.

Gareth would probably get 45+ from your car.

[ QUOTE ]

That is a good 10 mpg more than I get from the 335i.

Still enjoying it Scott??

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a great allrounder, feels a bit heavy in the corners though but i think this is more to do with the Atom than the 3.

[ QUOTE ]

Hold on, you can't compare your figures with someone else's figures, the only way you could see what the 330d auto does is take one out, if you are getting 42 mpg from your 120d manual I would guess you would get around 33 mpg from a 330d auto.

Gareth would probably get 45+ from your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a silky touch with the throttle grin.gif