TT ride quality

hmetwally

Hi there,

Very nice forum.

I am about to buy a coupe TT with the 2.0 turbo. Where I live its impossible to test drive, so i wanted to get some description of the experiance on the ride quality, as in how tough it would be vis a vis road bumps tc.(which are also plenty where i live). I am getting the standard suspension and the choice between 17 and 18 inch wheels. Any input out there?

I know it sounds bizzare buying the car without test driving it which goes to show how useful this forum can be to some.

Thanks in advance coffee.gif

TO be honest having had bus rides around some of the Egypt roads, I'd go for standard suspension with 17's, I wouldnt do anything to firm the ride up at all. 18's afterall can be purchased aftermarket if you feel you can live with them or as a luxury, but would be nothign worse than knowing you need to buy smaller wheels.

I have a mkII 3.2 with 19" wheels and magnetic ride.

With Mag Ride set to Sport, the ride is firm, but not crashy and rough in the way that the mkI was.

It is a superb piece of kit and noticeably improves handling when driving hard down twisty country roads.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses.

I just got the car and I want to get some views on the tyre noise. They seem to be quite noisy on the road, is this normal? Would a tyre change fix the problem or is this the way it is on Coupe TT's MK II?

The tyres are 17' 245 Bridge Stone Potenza run flats.

Don't use that goo stuff - it's evil. Shags the tyre (some tyres can be repaired after a puncture, as long as the puncture isn't in the sidewall or within - IIRC - 25mm of the sidewall on the main tread) and your alloys won't thank you for it.