Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livall

S2000 test drive

10 posts in this topic

I am toying with the idea of getting a weekend car for about 12k. I have narrowed my list down to two - S2000 or an Elise S2.

Yesterday I had my first ever go in an S2000 and I loved it!! laugh.gif

It is the best sounding 4 pot I have heard and I love the way it revs. The gear change has a very short throw and very slick change. I don't like to say it but in comparison my A3 feels very numb.

12k will buy me a nice MY01-MY02 model or a higher mileage MY03. For the money I don't think you can really beat the S2K.

They are very nice cars but a bit twitchy. Loads of reports of them reversing into hedges so get some lessons if you get one. They are not a car to be ham fisted in like you can in an A3 thats for sure. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

They are very nice cars but a bit twitchy. Loads of reports of them reversing into hedges so get some lessons if you get one. They are not a car to be ham fisted in like you can in an A3 thats for sure. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Planning too 169144-ok.gif. If I do get an S one of the first things I will do is get myself booked on a Car Limits day out.

I too have heard that S2Ks can be rather tail happy, especially on the older models (pre MY02). Post MY02, suspension changes were made to try and make the ride a little more civilised.

They are great cars - in fact only at the weekend we were commenting on how natural the driving position feels and how good the engine sounds, even stock. And the S2000 was in a field with an RS4, an M3, an Exige and a Lambo yet didn't look at all out of place.

S2K’s are great cars, lots of modifying potential if you’re into that kind of thing.

S2K - lovely lovely cars - yes, tail happy if they want to be but a superbly well built and well designed car. I still crave one in reality but they aren't ideal for 30K miles a year! They are loud, lairy and fab fun.

Enjoy!! 169144-ok.gif

We had one and yes it was, ermm 'fun' - as in going 'round the roundabout backwards..........

However I disgree that they can be heavily tuned (depends how much cash you have I suppose), ride and suspension maybe, but the engine tuning is fairly restricted, Honda already have done a fine job and squeezing anymore out is pretty pointless imho

I am toying with the idea of getting a weekend car for about 12k. I have narrowed my list down to two - S2000 or an Elise S2.

Yesterday I had my first ever go in an S2000 and I loved it!! laugh.gif

It is the best sounding 4 pot I have heard and I love the way it revs. The gear change has a very short throw and very slick change. I don't like to say it but in comparison my A3 feels very numb.

12k will buy me a nice MY01-MY02 model or a higher mileage MY03. For the money I don't think you can really beat the S2K.

I'm also thinking about one, but as more of a daily drive affair. Thing is, I'm 6 foot 4. Have i got any chance of fitting in one?