MK1 3.2 DSG Fuel Consumption

ahaydock

I waas talking to the inlaws last night about this. Apparently she does most of her driving in long stints, no real stop start.

They reccon that if you are doing a lot of town driving then you should allow iro 26mpg,if you do a lot of motorways and drive steady they average 32 - 34 on their trips to Cardif and back - 2hr all motorway cruise.

SO I guess it depends on your type of driving. Their DIS last night was showing 28.6mpg which is their combined.

Not sure if it has sport mode, I thought the way DSG worked it was always in sport mode, i.e. it cant get any quicker. I know it has Launch control???

From what I understand Launch control allows you to preselect a gear, hold the accelerator, press a button and you get a perfect launch every time - I dont quite understand how it works or why my 60yr old MIL is playing with it.

I love the 3.2 in the roadster, great cruising car, and nice sounds with the roof off.

[ QUOTE ]

From what I understand Launch control allows you to preselect a gear, hold the accelerator, press a button and you get a perfect launch every time - I dont quite understand how it works or why my 60yr old MIL is playing with it.

I love the 3.2 in the roadster, great cruising car, and nice sounds with the roof off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think that Granny should be messin' about with Launch Control.

ESP: Off

Left foot : brake

Sport Mode

Right foot full throttle (revs stabilise @ 3,200)

Lights turn to amber

Left foot of brake

Right foot full throttle

0-60 in 6.4 secs or 5.7 secs in mkII sportifs2.gif

post-1256-137914401631_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news with my first post on the forum, but 28-32 is pretty unusual for a 3.2 DSG. My journeys are mainly town driving (with the occasional rural silliness in between!) and my DIS hardly moves from 23.1 mpg. Sports setting is amazing, the closest I've got to real-life Scalextric!

If anybody who hasn't tried the DSG launch system gets the chance, TAKE IT! I'm not too sure I'd recommend it for my mother-in-law though (then again..... hee hee)

FIREdevil.gif

• 2 months later...