Xenon headlight conversion for driving in Europe.

Metalex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now a bit confused....Not dazzled, but confused - I was about to drive to The Ring and on to France etc (trip now postponed), and was at my VW dealers. So I asked about adjusting the lights. I was told that Xenons don't throw upwards and don't need adjustment for Europe. Afterwards, the mechanic had a good looksee but couldn't spot any levers etc.

The Golf Mk5 plastic covers will melt if they're attached to Xenons I was also told. My dealer is usually extremely reliable.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm now a bit confused....Not dazzled, but confused - I was about to drive to The Ring and on to France etc (trip now postponed), and was at my VW dealers. So I asked about adjusting the lights. I was told that Xenons don't throw upwards and don't need adjustment for Europe. Afterwards, the mechanic had a good looksee but couldn't spot any levers etc.

The Golf Mk5 plastic covers will melt if they're attached to Xenons I was also told. My dealer is usually extremely reliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there are most definitely levers on my Xenons. It is clear to see what the levers are doing when you look through the lenses at the right angle. If the Xenons don't throw upwards like your dealer suggests, then maybe he can offer a suggestion as to what the levers actually do! Robin, have a look at the two tutorials posted in this thread to see how to access the levers. Make sure you note down what your levers are set to before you change anything.

What plastic covers do you mean? Do you mean the standard headlight converters? They would be useless with Xenons as far as I know.