Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pany

Finally arrived............ but!!!

13 posts in this topic

I am sitting looking at my lovely new diamond black GTI which has arrived and I have just spent the last couple of hours washing it, only to have it rained on.

Why am I washing it, and not going for a blat?????

The delivery compnay has left all my documentation in the previous car they dropped of in nottingham, I live near Hull (80 miles difference), including my tax disk, details of ownership etc. fekr.gifs

The guy who owns the other car is supposed to have dropped them in recorded post, but the delivery company can't give me a tracking number and won't let me contact the guy direct.

To say I am seriously hacked off could be seen as understatement.

Go on - take it for a spin! .....there's always tomorrow to wash it again grin.gif

Don't forget to post pics when it (if it) stops raining?

probably will, just wary with having no tax disk. Don't want £200 fine.

Must admit when i get a new car i always clean it first, that way i can spot any defects i missed when i picked it up. But then im a sad so and so.

Im sure the details will turnup tomorrow and you can go and play.

Drive it mate.So long as it is taxed then it will be fine. they will not really care that you haven't a disk displayed as a check on the computer will show that it is taxed if a disk has been produced for the car.

[ QUOTE ]

Drive it mate.So long as it is taxed then it will be fine. they will not really care that you haven't a disk displayed as a check on the computer will show that it is taxed if a disk has been produced for the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it an offence not to display your tax disc, regardless of the fact that it has been taxed?

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't it an offence not to display your tax disc, regardless of the fact that it has been taxed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it is. I would risk it though. sekret.gif

Yes it is an offence not to display your disk but very minor.....and the chance of detection are extremely slight. If a roadside camera or a police check picks you up they will know its taxed via the computer and therefore you won't even be stopped. Also you have a good reason for not displaying so get driving mate.

all came throught this morning so can use it properly.

I have pootled around hull in it up to now, but not confident going to newcastle or leicester in it. I see to many of the tax disc vans on the motorway bridges etc.

Anyway now I am gently running it in ha.gif

Glad your sorted if you see a 55 plate Shadow blue 5 door GTI povity spec model when around in the Newcastle area give me a wave. Geoff.

[ QUOTE ]

Glad your sorted if you see a 55 plate Shadow blue 5 door GTI povity spec model when around in the Newcastle area give me a wave. Geoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geoff,

you dont see many Shadow Blue Gti's around any pics of your car?

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I see too many of the tax disc vans on the motorway bridges etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

most Tax disc ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) sites will have police car(s) and/or bike(s) down the road to stop you if you haven't got a DVLA licence for that number plate. Vans above a motorway don't do normally have that degree of "catch you/stop you" functionality UHOH7.GIF

I fear what you are seeing may be more often laser speed camera vans rather than ANPR tax disc vans - watch out in your speedy new GTI 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If a roadside camera or a police check picks you up they will know its taxed via the computer and therefore you won't even be stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the offence is not displaying a current VEL - I think you would!!! Fixed penalty notice too - the offence when the vehicle isnt taxed at all is followed up by the DVLA - but hey, if he had got caught he could have said you said it was fine grin.gif