• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Wallachie

Wallachie

Nissan GTR

• Members
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

Heading off to Puerto Banus on Tuesday for 5 days, looking forward to a few days of sitting on my ass beside a nice pool or on the beach. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone been before, any good bars/restaurants/clubs etc? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
M3 CSL

#2 Daz

Daz

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

Insurance_jon and Chrispy are the Banus experts here.

#3 Redavant

Redavant

Ford Fiesta ST

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

Fantastic place!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Went there at Easter and loved it. Loads of money in the resort, a posing paradise. I saw just about every kind of supercar going, with an Enzo and Murcielago top of the the tree. As well as every possible configuration of Mercedes and Porsche. The boats are also out of this world.

Most of the restaurants and bars are along the harbour front and are all reasonably priced, on a night time there is a bar called Sinatra's that is jam packed and not expensive at all. Stay on the front and you won't go wrong, never had a bad or expensive meal. There is an Italians that the name escapes me, that everyone queues for, for some strange reason?? Don't it's nothing special.

The shops are all top notch too, Armani, Jimmy Choo, etc. For run of the mill stuff go to the Hypermarket, it has EVERYTHING under one roof including clothers by Polo, Timberland, Gant etc

It's the only place in Spain I would probably return to as there is none of the usual 'English' bars and shops selling souvenirs and inflatables!!

Hope this has helped. You'll have a great time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif
A4 2.0 TDI S-line Avant in Dog Cock Red
A4 2.0 TDI Black Edition Saloon in Glacier White

#4 Ben

Ben

Mitsubishi Evo X

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

You need to visit the Navy Bar, for some reason there's a huge population of "single" girls that hang out there. No idea why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

#5 Insurance Jon

Insurance Jon

Lock, Stock...

• Members
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

because it's where you can find the decent hookers.....so i've been told

#6 Cupramax

Cupramax

BMW M5

• Members
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/coffee.gif
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the restaurants and bars are along the harbour front and are all reasonably priced,

[/ QUOTE ] I wouldn't say that after my visits to Banus... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's the only place in Spain I would probably return to as there is none of the usual 'English' bars

[/ QUOTE ] So you missed "Linekers" then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
A5 3.2 Quattro

#7 Insurance Jon

Insurance Jon

Lock, Stock...

• Members
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

restaurants aren't that pricey along the harbour compared to the classy places in banus, but vfm is all relative.

#8 Brabus

Brabus

Porsche GT3

• Members
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because it's where you can find the decent hookers.....so i've been told

[/ QUOTE ]

And the ropey ones? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

#9 Wallachie

Wallachie

Nissan GTR

• Members
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:19 AM

Just back, awesome few days. Glam and TBIV's were great, spent a bloody fortune but worth every penny. Going back in September after my bank account and liver fully recover.

Lost my bloody mobile on the 2nd day, worst of it was I was sober at the time!!

Cheers for the advice Jon, I owe you one mate!
M3 CSL

#10 Insurance Jon

Insurance Jon

Lock, Stock...

• Members
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

did you make it to nikki beach or ocean club?

#11 Wallachie

Wallachie

Nissan GTR

• Members
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

Nope, we had planned to head to Nikki Beach on Friday but it was 'white night' and one of the guys didn't have any white trousers. Friday night ended up being our best night though, mean in Lone Star Brasserie, few nice bars, TBIV's then Glam.

We're booking to go back in September, we'll hit Nikki Beach that time for sure!

When you back out Jon?

My mate wants to buy a gaff out there in PB, any ideas? A 3 bed apartment with communal pool, that sort of thing.
M3 CSL

#12 Brabus

Brabus

Porsche GT3

• Members
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

Sorry for being about as useful as a chocolate teapot but I got your PM way after you left.

[ QUOTE ]
My mate wants to buy a gaff out there in PB, any ideas? A 3 bed apartment with communal pool, that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheeeeere to start! There is so much available, your mate needs to pick an area/price first.

Beware of the fact that alot of the construction has now been deemed illegal and might be subjected to being demolished.

I've got the contacts should he need them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#13 Wallachie

Wallachie

Nissan GTR

• Members
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for being about as useful as a chocolate teapot but I got your PM way after you left.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheeeeere to start! There is so much available, your mate needs to pick an area/price first.

Beware of the fact that alot of the construction has now been deemed illegal and might be subjected to being demolished.

I've got the contacts should he need them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Chris.

He would like something in or close to Puerto Banus itself, whereby you could walk into the harbour for a night out. Sea view would be nice, but not essential. Budget of up to £400k, but closer to £250k would be better. 3 bedrooms, communal pool etc etc. Somewhere that is popular or already established resale-wise, that could be easily rented if he decided to.

I was thinking that using a UK agent would be best, Knight Frank, DTZ, LSH etc.....
M3 CSL

#14 Insurance Jon

Insurance Jon

Lock, Stock...

• Members
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

i'll be back in a week or so. it's eastern europe in sept

#15 Brabus

Brabus

Porsche GT3

• Members
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

Mills,

I can PM you some stuff if you want?

#16 Wallachie

Wallachie

Nissan GTR

• Members
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mills,

I can PM you some stuff if you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please Chrispy, that would be great. I'll pass them on to my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

Graeme
M3 CSL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users