TT Relyability

Srobbo18

hi was looking at a 225bhp tt 2002 i think, however after reading a few articals i am conserned about there relyability, is it worth getting one private or am i risking some big bills.

would i be better off with a golf v6 or a bmw 330, or am i just worried about nothing. thank you

EVERY car has it's problems and in every once in a while you'll find a lemon in every manufacturers range. Look at the number of issues that you hear about Porkers!

Anyway, what you do need to also bear in mind is that on-line forums tend to pull in comments, about issues and problems... when was the last time you saw a few threads on "No problems so far this year" ;-)

The TT does have some issues, but imho they are no more prevalent than any other car I've owned. I've owned 5 or 6 Audi's, plus VW's, Mercs, BM's and Pugs. All have had niggles, but nothing serious smile.gif

Late 2002 saw the facelift Mk1 and also the start of the coilpack issue, but dealers should have replaced all the dodgy ones in circulation now. Electric windows have been known to drop, but yet again dealer have a fix for this too... and dashpods have also been known to fail, but Audi will generally either replace them foc or contribute to a new one. Get yourself a decent aftermarket warranty and ensure it explicityly covers the dashpod and you'll be fine smile.gif

Indeed got my 2001 Y reg 225 a couple of months ago and with 2 years warranty.

Got cambelt recently changed and added a Forge aftermarket DV which will never fail and so now hopefully looking at a couple of years stress free motoring.

No dashpod or MAF issues yet, but at least I know they will be easily sorted and cheap to do (or free if dashpod) if they do both/either fail.