I really wanted to like the new 135i coupe but....

gizze

I really wanted to like the new 135i coupe but I can't get on with the styling, had a little play around for 5 minutes and this would have been my design.

As it is now....

BMW-135i-30%5b1%5d.jpg

How I would have done it....

guys%20135i.jpg

Bit ruff and ready, but personally it is how the back should have looked I think.

• 2 weeks later...

have to admit your tweaks made me think of new merc styling - perhaps audi wanted to distance themselves from those styling cues by being rather different?

(yes yes, I know it looks nothing like a merc either way).

Have to admit - there is something interesting about this coupe that made me think of it seriously as an option for a new car - didn't like the standard 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well apart from the 3 series couple which is a stunning looking car their isnt another looker in the bmw stable at the moment. The 5 and 7 series could break mirrors they are that hideous......Every time I see one I want to pull my own eyes out....

I actually dont think the 1 series couple is that bad its certainly better than the zz top hatch back version !

3 coupe is nice if a bit big.

1coupe looks far better on the street than online I have to admit. If only they had made the 3 coupe more compact rather than a GT...then again, you can fit four in the 3 coupe which necessitates it's bulk. And it IS bulky.

That 6 series could break mirrors too - very uneven styling. the front is from one car, rear boot from another. chopshop style.

My local BMW dealer (Edinburgh) had the 123d in the showroom the other day, but sadly not the 135. There are taking orders now with a February delivery. The 123d looked nice, so I can only imagine the 135 with full M kit would be stunning. IMO, its well proportioned and great to look at. Performance isn't bad either!

[ QUOTE ]

Well apart from the 3 series couple which is a stunning looking car their isnt another looker in the bmw stable at the moment. The 5 and 7 series could break mirrors they are that hideous......Every time I see one I want to pull my own eyes out....

I actually dont think the 1 series couple is that bad its certainly better than the zz top hatch back version !

[/ QUOTE ]

You own two great looking cars, please don't say the 1 series coupe looks ok. ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

have to admit your tweaks made me think of new merc styling - perhaps audi wanted to distance themselves from those styling cues by being rather different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps BMW did too!

[/ QUOTE ]

good spot lol. jump.gif

Having seen one in the flesh today I can safely say that there's been some less than subtle adjustment on that Sniff 'ad'.

While it's by no means stunning, I would say it's nowhere near as wrong in real life (which I thought it would be from the initial pics) - an inch off the roof and an extra inch or two at the back and it would actually look pretty decent, especially in a dark colour.

I'd go as far as to say it actually looks a fair bit better than any of the hatches.

135i is still a bit pricey but if someone waved a Black one in front of me for £25k or less I wouldn't say no.

but the thing is in real life it really doesn't look as retarded as that pic. the perspective is the worst - something a few magazines have come across when trying to photograph it.

It's just not big enough when sitting at the side of the curb to look so out of proportion. I dunno anymore. Guess I sound like a 1coupe apologist.

Either way, for 32+k I still wouldn't touch it even if it looked amazing given it's so cramped.