VAG codes for trip computer

Soap

I had me a little problem with my car.

read abot it in this thread

Everything worked just fine and I was really happy that I got it working.

But after driving the car about 10miles the trip computer stopped working.

the computer seems to lost contact with the fuelsystem (somehow)

I get average speed, time since start/reset. I dont get: current consumption, average consumption and mileage left.

like I said, it worked for a little while after I got everything working, so I suspect it can have something to do with the fuel guages.

All my other problem was solved after coding of the instrument cluster (17).

The tank caracteristic (fuel guages) are also coded in 17, therefore I suspect the coding to be wrong there.

This problem is not a big deal, I can tell the workshop to have a look at it at the next service, but it´s quite a long time in the future.

I would like to fix it myself.

The car is a Audi S4 model year 2004 (build oct -03)

Any suggestions?

I have done some major searching on the forums.

I found that you shark_90 is more or less a legend when it comes to retrofitting DIS/tripcomputers.

obviously there is some coding need to be done after the hardware is installed.

Can you please tell me what values you change so I can have a look if there is any diffrencies.

You said that i might have damaged the CANBus. is there a way to find out? is there a box somewhere that I can try changing?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting near a solution.

Found a suspicious value in the instrument cluster.

adaption channel 3 (consumption correction in %)

This was set to 0. I set it to 100% and the puter start working!.

I now can se actual/average consumption. but miles left is still not doing what it's supposed to.

I went to fill the car up. and pulled the fuse for the instrument cluster.

when I started the car it said 610km left. drove for a couple of miles and the meter i starting to count UP (again) when I came home 4km later it had count up to 650km.

There must be another value somwhere that I have missed.

I got all values from the cluster saved.

Would be GREAT if I someone here could save their adaption values for the intrument cluster and post them here so I can compare them.

MY2004 S4

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

when I started the car it said 610km left. drove for a couple of miles and the meter i starting to count UP (again) when I came home 4km later it had count up to 650km.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not unusual behaviour for the distance left value.

It starts using the way you were driving, and if you drive more gently then the distance left will INCREASE as you drive further.

• 2 weeks later...