Passat Upgrades

felixthecat1

• 3 months later...

I would be very carefull with fitting an induction kit (unless i have missunderstoof and you have fitted a replacement panel). On the open road and free flowing traffic you will get a good improvement, but in warm traffic, say sat at traffic lights in the summer you could have a real loss in power if you are not carefull (in fact AMD a while back estimated that I could lose almost 15bhp with an induction kit fitted in the wrong traffic scenario and perhaps gain that much in the right conditions) - it is all about keeping cool dence air coming into the engine and warm air can directly result in a loss.

As for exhaust - Projekt Zwo make replacement exhaust for the Passat (along with chip) - contact RSD (www.raodandsport.co.uk) for more information (they also deal with Oettinger and Caracterre). I am sure Miltek must produce something - AMD would be able to advise (www.amd-technik.co.uk). Otherwise you could try someone like japspeed in Southampton who will build you a custom exhaust or someone like powerflow.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah good point - I forgot to mention - a dyno on my TT with and without an induction kit fitted showed a decrease of about 17bhp with an induction kit fitted.

I know similar results were found for the MKiv golfs with 1.8T also.

And as Barry said - you dont really want to fek up the MAF as that could really hamper performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya,

sorry about the delay in replying, been busy! The K&N is a must. I wouldn't bother with an induction kit as I haven't found anyone that says it's worth it. A replacement however will perhaps not give you any more noticeable hp but it will improve throttle response dramatically.

Good driving to you.

• 2 weeks later...