Audi S2 - Coupe or Avant

shark_90

Cheers dude 169144-ok.gif

Ian, the fuel pump was fine on the way home! But obviously was on it's last legs, which is a surprise as it wasn't noisy at all.. there's a Bosch Motorsport pump in there now and apart from some problems mouting it in the standard fuel pump cradle (broke it.. woops!) the car now runs fine with the pump dangling in the tank. So once it's fixed in, we'll be sorted.

I know Martyn very well and he doesn't run the S2 anymore, but he is obviously one of my main mentors in this project 169144-ok.gif

Let the fun begin!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ian please explain further why you dont rate Quinn, my son's corsa is insured with them

[/ QUOTE ]

an irish insurer without full fsa axreditation. parts of the policy are classed as off shore. just got their hands slapped in the irish cours for trying to sidestep a massive claim

[/ QUOTE ]

SAUER0421.GIF

Should i insure him with someone else then?

Ben it looks good mate 169144-ok.gif

I don't know what the fuss is about his bloody insurance smashfreakB.gif Lets face it if he has a total loss all he has lost is the price he paid for the car, which is what 3 years premiums?

The point is he has got insurance and is legal in the eyes of the law. Granted if something awful happened then he may be in the crap to a certain extent, but in terms of the risk, its sod all 169144-ok.gif

Can't wait to see her in the flesh Ben.. although personally I think you should keep her standard 169144-ok.gif There are too many tweaked ones around EEK2.GIF

Maybe keep the 80 avant stick some coilovers, brakes and a decent roll bar, and drop a tuned S2 engine in that 169144-ok.gif Keep the classic a classic 169144-ok.gif

You should have gone for a S2 Saloon (just try finding one!)

Looks like a cool project, My first car was a GL5 Passat with the inline 5 cylinder, The 5 cylinder block is used to power most modern 4 cylinder 20 valve engine (just with number 5 cylinder missing) 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like a cool project, My first car was a GL5 Passat with the inline 5 cylinder, The 5 cylinder block is used to power most modern 4 cylinder 20 valve engine (just with number 5 cylinder missing) 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a 1986 GL5 as well Tobes. Cracking car and was even better when the rear silencer fell off.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a 1986 GL5 as well Tobes. Cracking car and was even better when the rear silencer fell off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fair to say Tobes GL5 was plenty loud enough, you could hear it over a mile away! The five cylinder motors make a fantastic noise.

Shark I'll try and get up to the midlands meet next month to see it 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fair to say Tobes GL5 was plenty loud enough, you could hear it over a mile away! The five cylinder motors make a fantastic noise.

Shark I'll try and get up to the midlands meet next month to see it 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The twin DTM's and the 15" 3 spokes, Those were the days.

[ QUOTE ]

Well I've picked the beast up today... all I can say is FECK ME!

I've driven some quick cars before and for 230bhp the S2 is surprisingly rapid.

I may have treated myself to a Milltek while it was in too sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man, I can imagnine with the added milltek it sounds sweet.

Oh just a word of warning, if you start to find your kidneys aching it'll be the car kicking them 169144-ok.gif