U.S. Racing Quote of the Year

SeanKHotay

[ QUOTE ]

A real pity Saint Bernie could not do the same for your prez. Too late to be known as George the first; sure to be known as George the worst.( Apologies to Walt Disney )

Johan Buchner

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Tony do a good job at this?

[ QUOTE ]

Brilliant reply! Can you perhaps explain to me why the American nation saw fit to re-elect Bush? I do not understand...........

Johan Buchner

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm....The American nation never elected him. sekret.gif See below.

But, guessing at the question's & follow-up's intent: wink.gif

No I can't and neither do I. I can only surmise that the 2004 US Presidential popular vote*, despite being very close, was:

- a crappy turnout as usual (actually, that's not a guess)

- for most of the non-apathetic masses, a vote for the lesser evil.

- based on 1) mobilization of the Right masses in a few key states and B) scare tactics

...and a big dose of SPericani2.gif

Nah, make that "...make a highly educated conclusion based on solid facts..." 169144-ok.gif

But if held today (i.e., a Bush sub-30% approval rating, half that of 2004), I doubt the previous outcome would stand. Based on the 2006 Congressional (actually) democratic election, I'd conclude he'd've been booted then, too, if it were at all possible.

ices_blah.gifices_blah.gifices_blah.gif

Wait a minute...is this Sniff Politicol or Petrol? I'm confused now...

Back On Topic:

- F1's turning into a neutered, antiseptic revenue generator

- I get a kick out of picking on folks making much more that I do whilst playing like I want to play.

- I get a high Sniffing Petrol (We all do, right?)

beerchug.gif

* not the one that elected him...that was the Electoral College vote which I still do not understand how one gets in <sarcasm alarm tripped>

I am South African, please do not use anymore big words - we are a stupid people. However if I understand correctly, you seem mystified as well. So what do you think of the German GP then?

Regards

Johan Buchner

PS I am looking forward to President Cheney's inaugural speech: "My fellow Americans, go feck yourselves"