A5/S5 issues

Risky

Nav on cars costing over £30/40k is a 100% residual option so its worth having. In some cases it is actually an appreciating value option.

I too feel that it is a con and the price is too high but its a no brainer financially and you will use it a few times a year.

[ QUOTE ]

What about retro fitting the Nav, got to be cheaper smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how easy that will be. Doesn't SatNav need MMI High? and the only way you get that is by speccing SatNav in the first place. Can't get to grips with this whole MMI High and Low stuff.

Hopefully CraigyB or TDiAvant will be along soon with more more clued-up insight into this....

[ QUOTE ]

As far as the residuals go, make your own judgement on what you think the car may be worth. If you can't afford the depreciation then don't buy the car, simple as!!! How you then finance the purchase is a seperate decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not what i think of the car value is the problem, that doesnt bother me. The problem is, the lower the residual the higher the monthly payments. With a value of under 14k it puts the monthly payment to £677 a month. I have been offered a RS4 for £511 a month as the residual is at 23k.

At £677 a month i could get a Porker.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah i reckon i will get sat nav but really just to prevent resale issues

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking, though I added DAB and AMI on the same basis. In two years DAB might well be more standard than now.

Sparkzz, go and buy a Porker then, but I can't see how you could buy one for only £8k per annum (£677/month) without massively eating into your deposit, as that doesn't even cover the depreciation on a 997, never mind the interest on the capital. If you can then fair play!!! The same is true of the RS4. The depreciation alone is probably somewhere between £750 and £1000 per month depending upon how long you keep it so how can you own one for £511.

[ QUOTE ]

Sparkzz, go and buy a Porker then,

[/ QUOTE ]

FFS, ".................and breath"

ok, explaining it a little better:,

audi have offered me the car at £677 a month ---> i dont want to spend that on a car.

They cant get the monthly payment down any lower unless i put a bigger deposit in cos the residual is low at £14k. I dont have a bigger deposit to put it.

Personally i dont want to spend over £600 a month on a car. As if i did then i could buy a porsche (i dont want to buy a porchse).. hopefully that is clearer.

Conclusion, residual is crap on the S5 atm until its been out a year, and the residuals have stabilized, then i can buy car at £511 a month. this was quoted by Audi, not me.

jump.gifbeerchug.gif169144-ok.gif

Interesting that they are expecting residuals to go up when the car has been out longer. Normally the other way round.

I would really fancy an S5 with Magnetic Ride (bound to be due) but the residuals will be poor as the market has gone to big diesels or halo cars - 3.0tdi and RS5 respectively. The B8 S4 will suffer the same fate and will sell in much lower volumes than the B6/B7 one did.

Sparkzz, sorry for being so curt.

What I was trying to say is that if you are wanting to purchase a car circa £45k then the depreciation alone will be more than £511 per month. That's a simple economic fact.

If that's all you have available then you will eat into your deposit massively when you finance term ends. You'll then have less to put into your next vehicle, unless you have other plans on how to fund your next deposit. It's not something I'd recommend, but the final choice is yours.

dont think mileage will matter much.

a typical 40K car is always going to be 18-20K at most after 4 years and so the MGFV will be a bit below that.

if it helps, I'm on mega mileage PCP and it doesnt work out much more expensive. Previous cab did 60K miles in 2 years and i still didn't have to put any cash in to get rid a year early!

Current cab is unlimited mileage and theres still a 15K bubble i think!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

audi have offered me the car at £677 a month ---> i dont want to spend that on a car.

They cant get the monthly payment down any lower unless i put a bigger deposit in cos the residual is low at £14k. I dont have a bigger deposit to put it.

Personally i dont want to spend over £600 a month on a car. As if i did then i could buy a porsche (i dont want to buy a porchse).. hopefully that is clearer.

Conclusion, residual is crap on the S5 atm until its been out a year, and the residuals have stabilized, then i can buy car at £511 a month. this was quoted by Audi, not me.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can arrange a far superior way to fund than that beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We can arrange a far superior way to fund than that beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am listening.. 169144-ok.gif